A Nightmare & A song

(A/N) sport this took so long I was working on another project.

(3rd P.O.V)

That evening Selena, Balister, and Ambrosius bumped into each other in the commissary. The two lovers were worried about the girl when they didn't see her in her room.

They were surprised to see her making something so late. "Selena."

"Dear, Gloreth! You scared me!" she jumped after they called out to her upon seeing her getting food.

"We were looking for you. We got worried." Ballister confesses looking behind him and checking to see if they were followed.

"I'm sorry, I was feeling peckish." she relented showing the two the contents of her bowl.

It was a bowl of ice cream, cookies n' cream, chocolate chip cookie dough, brownie batter, and Vanilla Bean.

She smiled nervously like she was caught with her hands in the cookie jar when she was younger.

"Why are you up so late? You have your challenge tomorrow." Ambrosius inquired resting his hand on the girl's shoulder.

She smirked. "That parental instinct kicking in?"

The two lovers looked shocked by her question and backed peddled.

"No, it's fine. You wouldn't be my parents if you weren't worried." Her smile faded a little as she began to tell them more about herself.

"Ice cream is my comfort food when I'm scared or sad." the two lovers looked at her with sympathy in their eyes.

"Especially if it's a nightmare."

Ballister stood on the other side of her patting her back. "You had a nightmare?"

A faint smile pierced her lips as she continued. "Pathetic right? I'm 16 and crying about a nightmare."

"No. Everyone has experienced something like that in their lives. It's part of growing up."

"Bal is right if you want to talk about it we are here."

Scoping a spoonful of ice cream in her mouth she starts to tell them about her dream.

"It always starts the same."

~Dream~

A dark shadow is looming over someone. A girl about the same size as me with long blond hair is holding a sword at the thing and yelling at it.
".........." I know she is yelling but I can't hear what she is saying.
The shadow is trying to back away but other people are getting in the way. Till Finally, the shadow disappears.

~ End Dream ~

"I could feel the fear from the shadow. And the hatred from the girl." she looks like she is about to cry as they try to comfort her.

"I'm okay guys, you don't need to force yourself to comfort me." a soft smile spread across her lips. She finally calmed down and opened up more about herself.

"You know..... In the past whenever I had a bad dream there were only two things that could calm me down." she lifted her empty bowl of ice cream to show them that was the first.

The two lovers chuckled knowing ice cream was the first. "What about the other?" Ballister asked as he helped her clean her mess.

"Yes, I would like to hear this as well." the director had heard everything and wanted to see what it was all about.

Slenena looked at everyone who followed suit. The room was now filled with every Knight in training at the institute.

With one deep breath, she showed them the second thing that could calm her down.

Soft and lightly she sang a song. One of the few songs she mostly sang at night.