Nimona

(Selena P.O.V)

I didn't łike the look Thaddeus gave me when we passed each other in the hall. He is up to something I know it.

Ninona was right he does have a punchable face. I would have to if I were in my time.

Oh, My Glorith! Ninona. I need to see how she is doing.

After receiving permission to do my regular routine I leave the Institute. My Brown/blonde hair was in a ponytail and curled. My twin swords are on my hips. And a pair of black and white knee-high boots with gold laces.

Closing the door behind me I walk out and make my way through town.

It's not so different. People walk around having fun and living life blissfully unaware of the danger that will befall the realm in the coming years.

To hide my sad face I put on a fake smile.

'Fake it till you make it'. That's the only thing I can tell myself.

After a few minutes of walking, I find myself in a mall-like courtyard with food stalls of different kinds. I ordered a Cheese pizza with some tacos. Taking a seat closer to the back I pull out a book to read while I wait.

"What are you reading?" a young boy asks me pointing at my book. It was dark navy blue with a black silhouette of a dragon-like head, gold details of a watch, a white silhouette of a girl, and a shimmering pane of glass.

"This book is called 'The Adventures of Alice in Wonderland.' It's really good."

"What's it about? It looks like there is a dragon on the cover."

A girl pops up next to him clutching a doll that looks like a knight.

"Well, this book is about a girl named Alice who entered a strange world she called 'Wonderland' She wants to go back home but can't till she kills a creature called the Jabberwocky."

"Is it a monster?"

"Yes, in a way."

"Is that Jabba- thing a dragon?"

"Jabberwocky. And no. It looks like a dragon but it's not."

In the corner of my eye, I catch something glittering in the distance. I excuse myself from the kids asking me questions and taking the bag of tacos with me.

The alley is dark and damp, and people look sick in the alleyways. I follow a cat that caught my attention. Small and pink. The cat hops and pounces as she tries to catch a mouse.

"Nimona," I whisper yell not intending to startle her. She looks back to see who called her name.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you."
I inch closer to her bending down slowly to her level.

"I got some food for you. Can you change into a human form?"

Her eyes go bug-eyed.

"I won't hurt you. I'm a friend from the future. You have friends and a family who love and accept you for who you are."

I place the bag of tacos on the floor and walk away.

"What's your name?" she asks me in her normal human-girl form. Sporting the pink hair.

"Sleana. But my friends and family call me Celine."

"You said we are friends? How?"

"All I can tell you is... my Papa will be your greatest ally." I smile as I walk away while also telling her that when the time is right the two of them will meet and start their unlikely friendship.

Nimona eats her tacos like she hasn't eaten in weeks stuffing her cheeks like a squirrel.

Turning back into a cat she followers me and sits by my feet as I snack on pizza reading my book.