Part - 8

2 January, 2020

It has been two days!! And that fucker hasn't shown me up his face yet!! Gosh.. I'm so worried!! Where the heck is he!?

My mind was running on trains but those trains had to take break as I bumped on someone without wanting to and was about to fall. They grabbed my wrist before I could hit the floor and pulled me; causing me to crash over their broad chest. I blinked several times as my cheek rested on their chest as an impact. My eyes widened when realization hit me and my heart made a decision to literally break my ribs.

I pulled away immediately. My cheeks turning hot in embarrassment and I couldn't manage to look up at the person I just bumped into.

I couldn't swear if I heard that correct or if my eardrums were ringing. Cause no one with a healthy mind would say 'cute' when someone bumps onto him and gets embarrassed for that.

I closed my eyes tightly and bowed with embarrassment "I'm so sorry!! I really am!! I didn't mean to!! I wasn't paying attention... Really!! I'm so sorry.. please forgive me!! I-"

"Ssh" he shushed me "stop. It's ohk. I'm not beating you up." And with that he started leaving.

I straightened up my position with wide eyes. His voice sounded familiar and I turned immediately to see who he was. But... He was gone before I could see him.

Where did I hear that voice?

This thought kept bugging me out. I couldn't remember clearly where I heard that voice but I was sure that this wasn't the first time I heard it. Who was he?

But then someone caught my eyes. And anger fueled inside me. No.. not the 'killing thought' type of anger. I was just mad at him for avoiding me like that. I deserved that in some cases too though... But I know, he'll never avoid me without any reason. Why is he avoiding me then!? I need to know...

"Hyunjin!!!" I shouted but he didn't seem to hear. Or... Did he hear but was still avoiding me? I swear I'm going to straddle him up on the ground. Fuck our friendship.

I ran up to him. Welp... Not really... I couldn't run... Like real run and all. And he wasn't even running away.. so a little jogging type of run was enough to catch him up.

I held his wrist and stopped him. I walked in front of him hurriedly so that he couldn't escape.

"Yah!! Why are you avoiding me!?" I asked him with a demanding tone.

"I'm not avoiding you, hyung..."

"You clearly are!!" I puffed my cheeks.

"Aren't you doing that too for the past years? I'm making it easier for you." He took out his wrist from my grip. It hurt when he said that. Okay.. yeah.. I admit I was making distance.. but I never disappeared from his life...

Or did I? Planned on? Someday?

He started to leave. But I stopped him. "I'm not avoiding you, hyunjin. I wouldn't have been the one to come to you today if that was the case." I said with a hurt tone. Almost cracking at the end.

"You aren't like before anymore.. it hurts me, hyung." He sighed when he saw tears in my eyes. "Ssh.. fine.. I'm sorry.. ohk? And no.. I wasn't avoiding you.." he pulled me for a hug and started caressing my hair softly as my head rested on his chest. Finding its peace.

But nothing lasts long. At least not the good things. "And I'm sorry for that too.." he said lowly. Guilt present in his voice. I knew it was about something else but what?

"For what?" I asked with confusion. Breaking the hug and looking up at him.

"For what happened to you that day.." as he said that more guilt build up in his words. Why was he sorry? He did nothing, right? Wasn't he the one who brought me home instead and called the doctor for me?

I furrowed at him. Feeling suspicious. Ik.. I should not misunderstand him. He would never hurt me.

"Why are you being sorry when I should be the one to thank you for taking me home and calling the doctor for me?" I stared at him.

He didn't answer but kept staring down. He looked ashamed... out of pure guilt. Which wasn't really something I hoped to see.

"Are you okay now?" I asked.

He looked up at me. Confused. "Huh?"

"Felix told me you were injured cause you had fight with someone.. are you okay now?" I asked again.

He sighed with relief and nodded. "Can we hug for a moment?" He asked me with hopeful eyes. Almost pleading for a yes or affirmative nod.

I walked closer and hugged him. He hugged back without saying anything. Tighter. "I miss this. A lot... And I miss you.. the old you.." he buried his face on my neck and breathed in deeply. I could feel his eyes were closed tightly. And I could also feel the hot tears running out from them.

Now I was the one feeling guilty. I decided to not bring up that topic he was pulling out and instead asked him what was bothering me for the past 2 days.

"Did you see someone coming out from the washroom before you entered?"

_______________

A/N: I hope the changes are visible...

And again.. as it isn't revealed yet and y'all still have no clue I'd again love to have answers on who do you think it was? Who, kissed Minho?