Chapter 32: C or M or E ?

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Nothing's working there, nothing .. it's scrambled" she says

All the screens light up at once on an image, a camera, at Gale's.

"My God" Mindy says

We see Dewey tied to a chair, unconscious, while Gale is nowhere to be seen. We don't see Ghostface on camera at all, but he's got to be there, and unfortunately... he may not be the only one to have managed to knock out Dewey and make Gale disappear.

"Let's go" Bailey says as he runs out of the truck to his car while Kirby gets behind the wheel of the truck.

I'm getting anxious... What if Amber was there? What if he'd locked her up somewhere to hurt her? What if he's already hurt her...? How could I leave her alone with Danny, we didn't know him, how could I leave her with someone we don't know?! I promised to protect her, not to leave her... I thought only of myself again, I wanted to take my revenge... but Ghostface might take his before me...

POV Amber

I managed to find Danny's car and although I drove very slowly because of my leg and the 54 accidents I almost had, I finally arrived at the bottom of Gale's building. All the way there I kept calling Dewey, to no avail. I see two missed calls from Tara... I'll answer her later.

I walk to the building, my leg and stomach hurt like hell, the meds are starting to wear off but it's bearable, either way, I can't give up now, I can't lose Dewey or Gale. I take the elevator to the 5th floor, the door already ajar. I open it fully and slowly enter the corridor and through the door of a room, I see Dewey tied up, his head is forward, he doesn't look conscious.

Holy shit.

I try to look slowly but I can't see Gale or Ghostface. I try to think of what to do... I can't think... I just have flashes of what happened yesterday in my head... Fuck. I pick up my phone and call the unknown number that called me, nobody answers, I call it back and this time it rings. I hear gunshots and doors slamming. I enter the room and approach Dewey, hurrying before I have to go to the other side.

"Dewey.... Dewey look at me please, Dewey ..!" I say tapping his cheek, but he doesn't react, he's got blood on his arch.

I hear more gunfire and this time, sorry Dewey, but I'm going. I hurry and see a gun on the floor in the hallway before the living room. I grab it and enter the living room, Ghostface standing over Gale trying to stab her, and her holding him back. I shoot twice, unfortunately not in the head, and there were only two bullets.Ghostface gets up and looks at me, retrieves his knife and rushes towards me. I get ready to take the blow, but before I hear a lot of gunfire, I throw myself to the ground and hear:"POLICE".

Hearing this, I see Ghostface running from behind, towards the balcony. Two paramedics rush to Gale as the police pursue ghostface.

"AMBER" Tara shouts

I turn and see her closing in on me and throwing herself to the ground beside me.

"Amber how the fuck did you get here, you want to kill me" Tara says grabbing my cheeks

"I'm so sorry Tara" I say

"Did he bring you here???" she asks.

"No, I came alone... I got the address and a video... I didn't think I should have warned you" I say

It's true that when I think about it, I blame myself. She told me that what had happened the other night had made her feel bad, she'd felt bad, and because of me, she felt the same way today, I blame myself.

"I'll never leave you alone again, I promise, I'll never let you go again" Tara says, taking me in her arms.

"Amber are you ok?? and are they okay???!!!!" Sam asks as she enters the room