Moments Like These

(Narrator POV)

It took hours to convince everyone to finally go home and for the Pines and Co. to either leave or rent a place to stay in. Surprisingly, they all chose the latter. Bill still doesn't know why, but perhaps they all wanted to visit Pine Tree one last time before going back to their world. Bill managed to get through their half of the paperwork just before bedtime and barely had time for a bath (which Izuku practically shoved them into to make them destress). They passed out as soon as they hit the pillow, but Izuku was sitting across the room doing the last of the paperwork under the small glow of candlelight. The soft sound of a pen scratching paper was white-noise to the two. It was a soothing sound. Somehow, even after all these years, Izuku never got tired of it.

It wasn't even about being useful anymore. He would always have a purpose as long as he was with Bill. He did not need to be dependent on Bill's praise, though it was still nice to have. Nowadays, all he needed was this peaceful bliss and the flickering glow of candlelight. He knew that as soon as he was done with his task, he would put out that candle, and moonlight would flood the room with its majestic blue glow, living in such a large mansion required private land which is what allowed the city lights to fade into the background as the sky lit up a beautiful canvas of various hues. Perhaps he could memorize the stars and put them in the mindscape. Then, he could stargaze every night with his whole family.

He spared a longing glance towards the window. The sky is clear tonight.

. . .

The next morning, Bill took the compiled list to breakfast and reviewed it as they ate. "Nice work Bunny. I'll take it from here, okay?" Bill told him. Izuku nodded and disappeared into the mindscape to rest. That was another thing the Void changed about him. Whenever he would enter or leave the dreamscape, it looked as if he vanished. But with the Void, it looks as if he opens a small black vortex and gets swallowed by it, then closes the portal with a tiny poof of black smoke. And now, when he walks through the dreamscape, a thin black aura oozes around him at all times. It even affected the clones!

It doesn't seem to damage anything, it's just... weird. Tad had noticed the change as well, but not Hisashi. It seems that only those with void magic could see it, which was rather convenient. Bill returned their attention to the list in front of them. The pile of papers they had the day prior had been reduced to only one sheet. They absentmindedly ate their breakfast of eggs and bacon while reading through the list. Summoning a quill, they scratched out a few names on the list and then used their phone to look up information on the ones they didn't recognize. By the time they were done, that list had been cut in half and continued to dwindle as they let themselves be driven to school by Chad the chauffeur. They thanked Chad and made it to class ten minutes early with only ten heroes left on their roster. A separate list of corrupt heroes to kidnap was recorded in Bunny's notebook. They could both review it later.

Bill sat at their desk and pulled out their laptop, doing a deep search of all the pros and cons of interning with the finalists. A few minutes passed, and their classmates began to trickle in. The chatter began to increase until Bill could no longer focus. Luckily, they had just finished their work and filled out their roster. They placed the paper in one of their folders for safekeeping to turn in at the end of class. And no sooner than they did, Mic walked in and announced the beginning of the first period.

. . .

The day of the hero internships came and everyone met at the bus station. Bill was scrolling through the news on their phone. All the articles pertaining to Mirko reported her usual heroic duties and a rare few interviews. Mirko wasn't very fond of media attention and often stuck to giving as little information as possible, which Bill could get behind. Less time in the media means more time in the field, and more time in the field means fewer problems to deal with later.