The Plan: Step 1

Toshinori Yagi and Nezu stood at the door of Cipher's mansion. The young boy invited Yagi over for a cup of tea (along with Nezu because the chimera insisted), which was to say it was to speak about the stunt he pulled in the Sports Festival. He knew the boy's mind was far beyond his years and even on par with Nezu himself, if not farther. It wouldn't be a stretch to say young Cipher figured it out on his own but... something didn't sit right with that look. He winked at him, meaning he knew something and wanted to confront him about it. Toshinori took a deep breath and rang the bell.

. . .

"Thank you both for coming, I'm so glad to finally have this chance to speak with you," Bill smiled as they poured three cups of tea. Bill had been meaning to talk to Toshinori about some very important topics, but it would be wise to start on the right foot this time. "Now, I'm sure you're both curious as to why I called you that, and I have a very good and very important reason for doing so," Bill told them, placing down his half-full cup of tea. He looked them dead in the eye and pulled mini-zuku out of his pocket, placing the plushie on the table. "Yagi-san. Do you know what this is?" they asked. The man was frozen in shock.

Sitting on the wooden table was a plush doll of his step-child. And though the child was not his, he still felt a bond with him. Izuku was still family, he was still his son. And to top it all off: he was quirkless, just like Toshinori was all those years ago. There was a kinship to the boy that he felt that could not be felt for anyone else. The day he went missing was truly the worst day of his life, and that was saying something, considering there were quite a few traumatizing moments in his life that haunt him to this day. But this... why was there a doll of his missing son in this boy's possession?

"Do you know what this is?" Bill repeated. Toshinori nodded, "That is a doll. A doll with the face of my son, Izuku Midoriya." Tears fell from the blonde's face at the sight of this broken memory. He never forgot his sweet boy, no matter how much his beloved wife wanted him to. No matter how many years passed, the boy would still stay on his mind. He still has dreams at night of having another Christmas with him, playing another game of heroes and villains, and watching another hero-themed movie. Just one more time... he'd like to see him again. "Good. We are very pleased that you remember. And even more so knowing that you still care," they said, leaning back into the chair.

"'We'? Who is 'we', Cipher-san?" Nezu questioned. "That would be me, Mister Nezu!" came the voice of Izuku from inside the doll. Toshinori's eyes widened as he stared at the doll, now standing up and walking towards him. "Hi Dad," Izuku said softly as the man stared in tearful shock. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, but I'm still happy to know that you missed me. I do regret not saying goodbye first, but I'm here now." he continued, his tiny arms open for a hug. Toshinori grabbed the doll and bear-hugged it, sobbing into the soft fabric. "I missed you too," he whispered into his father's ear.

"What is going on here, young Cipher?" Nezu asked, befuddled by the scene before him. "Remember Bunny?" Nezu nodded. "This is Bunny. Long story short, when I said he died, I didn't lie. He did jump off a building and he did die. But because my quirk is what it is, I brought his soul back by touching him. In exchange for his revival, our souls were tied together and we two became one. He is not capable of leaving my side unless he possesses that doll. And even then, he can still only go so far before being pulled back. Essentially, he's been haunting me ever since the day he died. We had meant to tell you sooner, but never got the chance to do so without there being an unwanted guest in the room. I apologize for being so secretive, but I assure you I didn't mean to make you wait so long," Bill explained.

Both were silent for a good while. Eventually, Toshinori stopped petting the faux hair on his son's head, and Nezu shakily drank his now-cold tea. Despite Toshinori's grip having lessened, Izuku still wasn't released. He didn't seem to mind, though. "Thank you for telling me the truth. And I can't blame you for waiting, I merely wish that I had been told sooner. Not by you, of course. I apologize you had to witness such a horrific scene, but if Bunny's story still stands true, then you weren't the only one to know of- or perhaps even see- his death. In fact, I suspect my own family had knowledge of it and failed to inform me. Even when I asked my detective friend to search for him, my wife still urged me to give up. Six years later, I now know why. Still, I am grateful to finally see my son again. Thank you, and I hope you do not mind me coming over more often," Toshinori said with a warm smile.