V2 Chapter 3: Extracurricular

Start from the beginning

"In that case... Kanji Hattori is the winner, " Glynda said.

Emerald smirks. Mercury sneers smugly but those smirks and sneers smugly would soon change as Kanji roar out in anger as his eyes were more reptile-like and he attack Mercury hitting and clawing at him then he blast Mercury with his atomic breath into the air and Mercury fell on the ground and Kanji step on his chest and roar out.

But soon Kanji demeanor soon changed that off shock and he quickly grabbed his weapons and ran off.

"Kanji!" Ruby called out but to no avail.

"Next time, you may want to think a little harder before choosing an opponent." Glynda said

"I'll be sure to do that." Mercury said recovering from Kanji's attack on him.

An alarm sounds which jolts Blake who has nodded off.

"That is all for today. And remember, the dance is this weekend. But you all have your first mission on Monday. I will not accept any excuses." Glynda said.

As everyone leaves, Mercury stops beside Emerald.

"Learning is so much fun and so painful." Mercury said.

Outside, SSSN are standing at the entrance as Team RWBY walks past. Sun notices Blake and runs after her.

"Hey, Blake!" Sun said as he grabs Blake by her shoulder. "You uh, doing okay?"

Blake shuts the book she is reading. "I'm fine."

"So I hear there's this dance going on this weekend... ah, sounds pretty lame, but you and me, I'm thinking, not as lame, huh?" Sun asked.

"What?" Blake asked him.

"The dance! This weekend! You wanna go, or what?" Sun asked.

"I don't have time for a stupid dance. I thought you of all people would get that." Blake

Blake walks away past her team. Sun sinks from his rejection.

"You what?" Blake asked.

The scene shifts to team RWBY in their dorm room. Blake is sitting with her arms crossed.

"We want you to go to the dance." Ruby said.

"That's ridiculous." Blake replied.

"Blake, we're worried about you. This investigation is starting to mess with your head." Yang said.

Weiss was counting the facts on her fingers. "You can't sleep, you hardly eat, and to be honest, your grades have been suffering."

"You think I care about grades?"Blake shrugs and then gestures out the window. "People's lives are at stake!"

Yang puts her hand on Blake's, lowering it.

"We know, and we're all still trying to figure out what Torchwick is up to." Yang said.

"Thanks to you and Sun, we know they're operating somewhere outside of southeast Vale."  Ruby explained.

"And, the Schnee company records singled out Vale as the primary target for Dust robberies over the last few months" Weiss added.

"Don't forget about their missing military tech too." Yang said.

"But there's still unanswered questions!" Blake shouted.

"Blake, you won't be able to find anything if you can't even keep your eyes open!" Blake yelled.

"All we're asking is that you take it easy for one day." Ruby said.