Chapter thirteen

"Your mates are gettin' here next Wednesday?" mom asked as she took out another thing from the bag she brought from the grocery store from where she just got back.

  "Thursday, actually."

  "Havin' party, yea?" dad chuckled at my conversation with mom. He was working on a file while sitting next to me on the couch. This was the thing I didn't want to be a real adult because of. Working even on a free day just like a schoolkid. Well, some adults had it like this but I was planning on ending up in the same field. Just watching them was exhausting. And still I wanted to do the same job.

  I rolled my eyes at my dad's words and looked down at Zoé. I was watching her, as she slept. It was such a weird feeling to have her in my arms now. Such a small creature. She was so young, after all.

  They were here for almost a week already. Daphné and dad, sometimes with Zoé and me, went around London to spend some time outside and other times the five of us just had the family time here in the apartment since the winter was not really warm.

  I turned my gaze back to mom who was still doing her stuff in the kitchen with Daphné accompanying her. I heard them talk two days ago about some baby stuff. It was understandable since Zoé was Daphné's first kid. And dad was probably not really helpful since his job was taking a lot of his time while she could work easily from home. Or maybe having more sources was better.

  "Are they all comin' or just some?" dad asked after a while to which I turned to look at him.

  "Just Amy, Ev and Del."

  Dad just nodded at my answer and I gave him back the still sleeping baby after he put down his laptop. Zoé fell asleep in my arms not so long ago, but I just liked to hold her. My little sister. I wouldn't be able to see her in person for some time after Christmas break so it was probably natural.

  I got up and left for my room. Being the whole time with all of them... well, it was slightly exhausting. They all were talking about work sometimes and then just some other things that didn't really interest me. Or maybe it was because I just wasn't used to the full house.

  After entering my room, I fell onto my bed and took out my phone from my sweatpants pocket. The first thing I did was opening Instagram so I could see what was new in the world. Although, my eyes fell on the notifications. I wasn't surprised even though the last time I posted something was some months ago... but I didn't have a secret profile so anyone could like anything.

  However, my brows furrowed when I clicked on it and saw who liked my latest post. Not only did the profile photo look familiar, so did the username. Curious, I clicked on it to see if my thoughts were right. It seemed like Ava didn't know what to do so she just liked my photo. Today. A week after she kissed me. I shook my head before I started looking through her profile. Thankfully, she didn't have a secret one either.

  Ava didn't have many photos with her so-called friends on her Instagram profile. Well, only like one. I wasn't even surprised after our talk in the lavatory not so long ago.

  A smile spread across my face as my eyes fell on what looked like a family photo that was actually one of a few with people in it. She was smiling while standing next to two younger kids. Her pretty olive green eyes seemed so happy to be there.

  I felt a weird sensation rise in my chest to which I let my fingers touch my lips. She smiled similarly when I let her kiss me last Friday. The kiss that felt pretty nice too...

  I sighed. The moment was nice, yes, until she just ran away, leaving me there to think about anything. And now she liked one of my posts. Was it a sign or something? What was I supposed to think?