"Is there more?" he asked squinting his eyes at the couple. The couple nodded stiffly.

"Her mate is...dead," the Alpha whispered with a sad smile. The fates weren't fair, the goddess was too cruel at times.

"Her mate..is what?" The king's voice rang with shock. How could they possibly know who her mate was and even know that he was dead?

"He was the son of the Alpha of the Dawn Moon Pack. He died on the same day we were attacked. They were also attacked and he unfortunately lost his life. Is also part of the reason why we had a witch cast a spell on her," the Alpha said with a sigh.

The king was looking at the couple in Surprise. Losing a mate is very horrible, the pain and emptiness leads the other one who's left behind to commit suicide or turn feral forever. And to think that the girl was going true that was a shock and she even survived it. The king wanted to hear the complete story but chose to keep quiet instead. He wants her to tell him herself.

"It was a plot, to keep her from knowing her mate was in danger or to drive her to him and have her killed but he took her death instead" the king muttered as he put two and two together. Goodness, the person behind the curtains was ruthless.

"She has to choose a mate soon because she has lost her destined mate so the goddess has given her the chance to choose a mate since she didn't want to be paired with anyone.," the Luna added wiping her tears. As a mother, she knew what her daughter was going through but she chose to hide her feelings and make it seem as if she was okay.

"Thanks for letting me know about this. I will make sure she's safe here," the king said bringing the conversation to a stop as it was already late.

"Welcome. We will be taking our leave," Alpha Azurah said as they all got up.

"Okay. Safe travels," the king replied shaking their hands. After escorting the couple to the border of his territory he went back to the pack house to freshen up. He can't remember the last time he slept in the castle.

His thoughts were in disarray about what Alpha Azurah said to him at the border. What does he mean by what he said to him? He said about three sentences to him but he failed to understand the last one. It was as if he was giving him a message from someone.

The king pushed those thoughts aside before entering the pack house with a smile. The moment he entered, a mouth-watering scent met his nose, his pulse quickened and his heart accelerated in somewhat excitement as his beast purred in contentment.

He closed the door to the living room as he gulped looking up, his eyes met a pair of purple eyes with gold flickering around the irises. His breath hitched looking into the most beautiful pair of eyes he had ever seen. A sudden growl ripped through his throat which was heard by the pack.

Those pair of eyes widened slightly, hearing his growl. He could see her body shuddering in pleasure unknowingly and that made another growl rip through the air. Darn, he's going to cause a scene but he still couldn't stop growling low. At this point, the pack members were filling in but no matter how much he tried to fight his beast, he didn't want to relent and that alone was making him agitated.

"Please, shut up already, Thunder," he snapped at his beast in annoyance but it went into one ear and passed out from the other.

The pack members' eyes were moving back and forth between the king and the masked female who had a black hair net covering her hair, hiding its color from their sight. The growls of the king sound possessive, just like how mates are possessive of each other but his were powerful. Kelsey who heard the commotion came down followed by the masked man. Both men stared at the king and the lady in a questioning manner but the king was just stiff, his fangs bared and claws out with growls of possession ripping through his chest lowly.

"Sis do something," the masked man said with a sigh as he hid his mischief with a serious expression. The masked female gave him a look as if to ask "Are you mad or have you hit your head on a rock?" Kelsey raised brows in amusement looking at the siblings. This pair was interesting, he gave the masked male a shake of his head in disbelief. Is he okay in the head?

"Sis, come on. You can do it, I know you," the masked male continued encouragingly while Kelsey tried to hold back his laughter, the lady's eyes were bulging with every single word his brother was saying. The pack members' eyes were wide at what the masked man was saying. "Is he mad?" Was the thought running through their heads?

"Come on, cupcake," he said with a calm tone, the pack shook their heads in disbelief.

"I will kill you if I don't die, bro," she muttered walking towards the king. Everyone watched in anticipation as she stood in front of the king. With one last glare at her foolish brother, she placed a hand on the king's muscular shoulder. Kelsey watched closely as the king relaxed immediately under her touch, his eyes shifting back to their normal emerald colors The pack gasped in shock, seeing this while the lady frowned in confusion.

"You're so whipped, bro," Kelsey thought with a smirk.

The king blinked as he came back to his senses. He looked at the pair of purple eyes the hands on his shoulder back to the same pair of eyes in shock. A shock he hid well from the others.

"Are you okay," a warm, calm voice asked while the purple eyes gazed at him in concern.

"Yes. I'm good. Thanks for asking," the king said taking her hand off his shoulder as his fingers brushed against her soft skin, his breath hitched as his lips parted in shock and confusion. He slowly let go of her hands.

"My king, are you sure you're fine?" She asked with a concerned frown between her very thick brows as her hand snatched his back. The king fought back a growl with his eye color shifting between their original color and an icy blue color.

"Baby.....," a high-pitched voice rang from the corridor beside the dining causing the pack members to sigh in dissatisfaction and apprehension as they turned to look at the person with frowns marring their faces. Kelsey sighed in annoyance as he crossed his arms with squinted eyes.

A woman with dirty shoulder-length brown hair and hazel eyes walked into the living room with a sickening grin on her doll-like face. She was wearing a very short skirt and a white tank top and her face was caked up with makeup. The pack snickered looking at what she was wearing. Her smile immediately fell after seeing another woman holding the king's hand.

A frosty expression made its way to her face as she walked towards the pair. She tried snatching the king's hand from the unknown woman but to no avail and the fact that the king didn't acknowledge her presence was a shock to the pack.

"Let go of his hand right now," she bellowed while the lady's brows shot up in question as if she didn't hear her at all.

"Why should I?" She asked with curiosity and her brows still up in the air.

"Because he's mine," the frosty woman replied with squared shoulders and head hell high.

"Your mate? Naa, I don't think so. Your neck is so untainted and I don't smell his scent on you," the masked female replied with amusement which left the lady embarrassed.

"I'm the mother of his unborn child," she replied with a frosty expression and her teeth gritted together. It was as if time stilled after she blurted those words out. The masked female let go of the silent king's hand as she glanced at him.

"This is going to be a mess because of you, Thunder," the king said to his beast in frustration.

"I don't care. I warned you to get rid of her but you didn't. Now shut up and lemme enjoy the show, Your Majesty," Thunder replied, saying the last part in a mocking tone. Thunder was annoyed at his human side because sometimes he thought he was as dumb as a king.
___________________________
I know by now everyone wants to know the name of the king and his two guards. I'm close to that though so stay tuned 😉