Reconcilement

Eddie sat across from you, picking at his fingers and messing with his hair. You thought he was absolutely stunning, wearing a sweatshirt you had gave him and a pair of jeans that you knew were probably the only ones he had clean. He had a depressing demeanor across his face, as if he was planning on telling you something that would break your heart. Then again, what happened the other night did break your heart.

"Darling, I- I don't exactly know how to put this, but before you were here, Frank was my everything. And maybe it's selfish, but I just don't know how to cope with the fact that he's gone and found somebody else," he confessed, holding one of your throw pillows in his lap. 

A million questions ran through your head, but you managed to fling one question out of the storm that racked your brain. You quietly questioned, "What does that mean for us?" 

"I don't know. What do you want it to be?" he countered. 

"I was hoping things would stay the same. Y'know, like they were when we first met. I wish I could forget last night ever happened," you claim, hoping this was the right answer to the dilemma you had both stricken yourselves into.

"Well, I reckon we shouldn't just ignore what happened. But I would like a clean slate. Where I'm not as occupied," he offers.

You were relieved with the fact that he didn't want to leave you. You even laughed a little. It was silly how worked up you were just over him. Even though this was a fairly happy moment, it fell silent. Neither one of you could look at each other in the face. 

"So... where would you like to start?" you ask, a smile creeping across your face. 

Finally you look up at the face that had you in such a deep hold. His red hair was fairly messy today, he didn't have on a hat like usual, and he definitely needed some more rest, but he looked perfect to you. He was everything you could ever want and more. He catches you staring at his disposition and looks right back into your eyes. The edges of his lips curl upwards into one of the prettiest smiles you had ever seen. 

"How about... this?" he quizzes. 

He raises himself off of your couch and walks towards your chair. You had expected a kiss, or maybe even a hug, but in true Eddie format, he takes your hand and pulls you up out of your seat. He interlocks your hands, making you very confused as to what this was going to entail. 

"Wanna go for a walk?" he smiles, nudging you towards your own back door.

You nod your head without making a sound. As soon as he got consent, he opened the back door and led you out the door. It was a beautiful day. The sun shined down through the falling leaves of the trees in your backyard. A slight chill filled the air, but it was welcomed and balanced out through the sunlight. Slight noises came from the ground below the both of you, their brittle surface crunching underneath your feet. 

You found a trail around back that was fairly walked among, or so it seemed. Neither of you spoke, but just the sound of his breath was enough to let you know he loved you. The trail led to a small clearing with marigolds planted in a circle with a lush patch of grass. It was a dead end.

"Huh. So that's where this leads to," you realized. You had never walked this far down before.

"You've never been here before? This is my most favorite spot in the whole neighborhood. I go here all the time when I'm stressed," he laughs. 

You walk out to the center of the circle, unlocking your hand from his. As the gentle wind starts to blow, your hair/skirt/dress flows. You giggle as you feel the refreshing cold of the air. When you lift your head up to Eddie, he looks mesmerized.  He rushed up to you and gives you a hug. 

"Please never let me leave you again. I didn't know what I had," he desperately breathes.

"I wasn't planning on it," you reply and place your hands around his waist. 

You reach up and kiss him, making a memory that will forever define your relationship. 

"God only knows what I'd be without you," he sighs.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝔼𝕕𝕕𝕚𝕖 𝔻𝕖𝕒𝕣 𝕏 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕖𝕣 ˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖ 🎉