I guess you could say lucky

The suitcase scratched the marble floors as you dug your broken suitcase across them. It contained all of your possessions. You were leaving, but not without a bang. Laughter could be heard from the dining room, echoing throughout the house. They were going to pay for what they've done. You stood in the doorway of the dining room until they noticed you. 

"Y/N, what did you do?" your mom screamed.

"I'm leaving. Goodbye," you say, blank faced.

"Our only child is not leaving like this. You are our property. And if we have to cut off that terrible color of hair, then we will," he yelled, running into the kitchen. 

Destiny scoffed in her chair at the table. Even though she was your cousin, you always knew she wanted to take your spot in your family. It's what any normal person would want. Your dad came charging at you with a pair of scissors. He cut the bracelet in half. Beads ran everywhere. Everything else on your body that had any type of color on it was torn and ripped off. The only thing left was your hair. 

"Dad, please just let me leave!" you exclaim.

"Not like this!" he replies. 

The scissors get dangerously close to your hair. You grab them from his hands and throw them into a huge glass mirror behind you. Your mother burst into tears across the room. 

"You brat! I don't understand this uproar of bad behavior. That mirror came all the way from France, and you ruined it!" she squalls. 

While your dad went to go comfort your mom, you slipped out from under his grasp. Carrying the suitcase in your arms, you make a run for the forest, hoping that there was something there for you. You didn't quit running until the sounds of your mothers screams went away. Then you collapsed beside a tree. 

Even though it was night, and very dark, you could see light coming from across the forest. It gave you hope that things were going to get better. So much, in fact, that you decided to walk towards it and find out what it was. As you walked, everything started to get lighter. The trees looked healthier, it got warmer, and there was more variation in the grasses. You eventually came across a house that looked inhabited. It was also unlocked, so you went inside. 

It was fully furnished, everything you needed to be able to live there. It was almost like someone knew that you were coming. But it didn't matter, you were sheltered and safe and that's all that matters. If you had to live the rest of your life in solitude, you would. But you were safe. 

Back to Present time:

"So, that's how I got here. And that's why I don't like my parents," you say.

"I'm so sorry, You shouldn't've had to go through that," Eddie comforted.

"I guess the way we should look at it, is if I didn't run away, we wouldn't've met. And I would still be there," you explain. 

"Yeah, but you deserve a better childhood. I promise if we have kids I'll treat them better than that," he yawns.

You start blushing at the thought of that. He picks you up and puts you in the bed.

"You need rest, hon. Go to sleep and we'll talk more about it in the morning. I love you," he says.

"Love you too," 

You really hoped his opinion of you wouldn't change now that he knew everything about you.