Chapter 23, Baby

Original publish date: January 31st, 2023.

Chapter 23, Baby

"Troy"

"Troy?"

"Hey dad?" The word dad snapped him out of it. Troy looked at the nurse who flashed him a warm smile. "She asked if you want to hold her" The nurse said softly. Troys eyes lit up as he stared back at the nurse, a smile tugged at Troys lips. "Her?" He whispered..his eyes flickering to lyrics who smiled, holding their daughter in her arms. Their..daughter. He stared at them in admiration, silent. "Well? You want to hold her, baby?" Lyric whispered..Troy nodded softly and immediately stood up from the chair at lyrics bedside. The nurse walked out of the room to give them space. Troy gently set a hand on their daughters' arm, his thumb brushing her arm delicately, He then looked at lyric and leaned forward, placing a soft kiss on lyrics head. Lyric smiled and looked up at him, slowly raising the baby up. Troy taking a deep breath in and nodding. "Hold on." Lyric began "Why don't you sit down. It makes me nervous..you standing up.." Lyric said softly..Troy nodded in response and struggled with the railing for a minute, finally figuring it out and pushing it down. She carefully scooted over to the other edge of her hospital bed. Troy climbing into the bed with her, careful not to bump lyric or the baby. "Okay.." Lyric breathed out. "Support her head" She whispered as she gently set her in Troys arms..one of his hands supporting her body, the other supporting her head. "Like this?" He asked softly. Lyric smiling and nodding. "Exactly like that." She whispered back. Troy stared down at his daughter with pure love in his eyes..his thumb delicately rubbing her tiny hand. "She's so tiny.." Troy whispered..Lyric rested her head against his shoulder, setting her hand over his "Soak it in..She won't be this tiny forever" Lyric stated.

It was quiet for a moment before Troy chuckled softly..her tiny hand had wrapped around their finger tips..Troys smile soft and happy as he looked at lyric. "Our daughter" Troy whispered in disbelief..Lyric smiling at him and leaning towards him. Troy kissed her before she could even kiss him. They sat there kissing for a moment before Lyric leaned back to look at their daughter..a pained look on her face. "Holy shit she has an iron grip. Ow. How strong can a newborn be?!" Lyric whispered sharply..Troy chuckling at her. "She takes after me. I believe you have said multiple times when we were laying in bed.. "loosen the grip Troy." He stated..Lyric smiling. "That's true." She whispered. He stared down at the baby in silence for a moment before speaking up. "She's so cute" Troy said softly. Lyric looking at him in disbelief. "No she's not" She said with a chuckle, Troy laughing. "Okay no she's not..but she will be." Troy said, looking at her. "Especially with such a pretty mother" Troy whispered. "And such a handsome father" Lyric whispered back..placing a soft kiss on his lips. There was a knock on the door. Troy and Lyric leaning back, taking a glance at the door. "Come in" They said..flashing each-other a look because they had spoke in sync. Candice hesitantly entered with a gift bag in one hand, flowers and a balloon in the other. Lyrics face dropped, staring at her. "Candice.." She said softly..Candice flashing her a genuine smile. "I couldn't not come see how you were doing.." Candice said softly, Lyric stared at her in silence for a moment reluctantly looking a Troy, his eyes meeting hers "Is it okay if she's here?" Lyric whispered..Troy nodding. "If you want her here then I want her here" Troy whispered back..Lyric nodding softly. She looked at Candice, sighing "Okay" She uttered cautiously, Candice smiling and shutting the door, she set the stuff aside and made her way over to them and the baby. Lyric looked up at Candice and then down at their child..Candice smiled down at her then looking up at lyric. "I'm so proud of you." Candice admitted..Lyric seeming confused. "For what?" Lyric asked softly. "For making it through this. I know how hard it was on you to find out you most likely wouldn't be able to have kids of your own..and you did it" Candice whispered with a proud smile on her face, moving a piece of lyrics hair to the side that was stuck to her forehead. Tears swelled in lyrics eyes..nodding softly. "Thank you" Lyric whispered..Candice flashing her a smile. "Do you have a name for..?" Candice trailed off, "Her" Troy spoke up, Candice looking at him briefly and chuckling, "Oh geez..another girl" Candice stated.