Chapter 21, Valentina

-Time skip, 2 weeks Later- Lyric let out a soft groan as she rolled over onto her side, trying to get comfortable. She rolled against troy and her arm fell over him, He wrapped his arm around her..holding her close to him. Lyric immediately opened her eyes at the contact of him..Troy began softly and gently rubbing up and down her arm with his fingertips. "Mm.." Lyric mumbled tiredly as she embraced him..letting out a content sigh. A thought crossed her mind, did they have sex again? Lyric slowly lifted the blanket up to make sure. She hid a small smile..staring under, A small grin appeared on Troys face as well "Well good morning" Troy muttered, his eyes still closed for a moment. Lyric quickly looked up at him to see him looking at her and she smiled innocently, chuckling "Sorry, I was just wondering if we uh.." Lyric began to trail off, watching Troy put up 3 fingers. Lyrics eyes widening at his response "3 times?" She asked in disbelief..Troy nodding as confirmation. Lyric groaned and rubbed her face stressfully..She went to go sit up and troy placed a hand on her shoulder, gently pushing her back down. "Is 3 times not enough? Because I'd gladly go for a 4th time" Troy said simply as he leaned in..kissing her neck and then her shoulder. Lyric smiled. "Mm..I would love to but I can't. I've got to cover Leslie's meeting at 11, His daughters sick so he called off." Lyric said.  "Mhmm.." Troy hummed to indicate he was hardly listening, kissing her arm, Lyric looked down at Troy who was making his way under the covers by kissing down her body. "Fuck.." Lyric breathed out and sighed. "Once, if you can be quick" Lyric said, Troy smiled in victory and climbed back up, "You already know I can" Troy whispered before kissing her..Lyric grinning against his lips she kissed him back.

Time Skip, An hour and a half later at the office

Lyric had just gotten out of the meeting with the CEO, she closed the door behind them and turned to him with a smile. He smiled as well and offered his hand out, Lyric immediately taking it and shaking it as she set her other hand over his, "Good doing business with you. I'll see you in Chicago in...4 weeks is it?" Lyric questioned. The guy smiling and nodding. "See you then Ms. Sterling." He replied, Lyric nodded back and let go of his hand. Lyric watched him walk away, letting a sigh escape once he was far enough to not hear her, she turned and walked down the hall and up the stairs..passing by the gaming room. "Hi boss!" Jade (#9) called from the gaming room..eyes still on the screen though. "Hey Jade." Lyric took a brief pause at the door to see what she was playing. Gears of wars 2. Lyric chuckled, resuming her walking. "DIE BITCH, DIE!" Sounds of a chainsaw began from the gaming room..Lyric laughing and shaking her head, approaching her office.

She walked inside and shut the door behind her, practically deflating against the door as she leaned onto it..her eyes closed. "Nice place you got here" Her mother spoke up, spinning around in lyrics office chair like an 8 year old. Lyric got startled, opening her eyes and huffing an exhale out of frustration. "God damn it Candice you scared the shit out of me!" Lyric said sharply, crossing her arms. Candice smiled innocently and stopped spinning, propping her feet up on lyrics desk as she stared at her with a slight smile on her face. "I thought I told you I didn't want you here" Lyric uttered, Candice pausing for a moment and then letting out a sigh. "I missed you, Addison." Candice said softly, seeming genuine, Lyric huffed, shaking her head. "Stop calling me that, I am not Addison anymore, Candice, she died a long time ago, thanks to you. My name is Lyric" Lyric whispered. "Sorry..I'm not used to that. I missed you, Lyric." Candice corrected herself, Lyric walked over to her desk and leaned onto it, shoving Candice's legs off of it. Candice rolled her eyes and folded her arms, staring up at lyric. "L&L seems to be going good. Where's the other L?" She questioned. "His daughter is sick and his wife couldn't take off work so he's at home with her..why are you here Candice? It can't be solely because you missed me..What do you want?" Lyric uttered..Candice sucked in a deep breath, looking away as her smile faded. Lyrics face fell, a serious look on her face now. "Candice.." Lyric stated, "What's going on?" "Uhm.." Candice began, clearing her throat a little before speaking "Valentina is in the hospital, she was chasing a guy fleeing the scene of a robbery.." She whispered and paused..Lyrics eyes went wide, and she sat down on her desk to stable herself, she could tell what she was about to say was going to be bad. "You know your sister lyric..always charging after those criminals like she's a cat with nine lives." Candice said soft, tears forming in her eyes. Lyric stared in disbelief "What are you getting at, Candice?" Lyric hardly whispered, Candice struggling to swallow "She was shot twice, Lyric"