↳ 𝕛𝕖 𝕥 ' 𝕒𝕚𝕞𝕖 ( 𝕚 𝕙𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 ) ・❥・: ̗̀➛

Start from the beginning

Kel probably suspected what her goal was—maybe he already knew—but no one else did. She always smiled just a little wider when seeing his annoyed face. It wasn't like he had any proof she was insulting him in French. And even if he stole her idea and started insulting her in Spanish, all she had to do was remember what he said, tell Hero as best as she could, and he would deal with it. Since Kel had no one to tattle to since her mother never associated herself with her friends, she instantly had the upper hand.

Aubrey kept at it until  the day of the recital, when their friend group fell apart. By then, she couldn't give a shit if Kel or anyone else cared if she insulted him in English or French. Besides, after her father left and her mother became much more interested in drinking her life away instead of being a mother, she almost stopped speaking in French entirely. She didn't have anyone to talk to, so it was now a language she spoke when she wanted to cuss people out in the safety of her room, which was more fun than she ever thought it would be.

When the friend group joined back together again, she only spoke French whenever they asked her to, which wasn't often. She couldn't say she was angry at that. After years of speaking almost no French, her accent wasn't the best anymore and her words sounded a little off, but no one minded.

Then, she started getting feelings for Kel.

She didn't want to get them. She didn't realize she even had them until she watched Kel play his stupid basketball game, and when the game was over, he hugged her as tight as he could. She hated how sweaty he was, hated how he smelt, hated how dumb his smile was, and hated how much she loved it.

She kept it hidden until she just had to let him know at least a little bit. The small signs of interest like brushing her hand against his or letting him ramble on about whatever he wanted weren't working anymore. After debating with herself, she decided to go back to what 10-year-old her used to do, but with a few changes.

"Kel, je ne sais pas pourquoi tu as dans ma vie quand je ne mériter pas toi..." Translation: Kel, I don't know why you're in my life when I don't deserve you... What she told him: "Kel, I don't know how you're in my life when you're such an annoying bitch..."

"Je suis très content tu as là pour, Kel. J'ai manquer toi..." Translation: I'm so happy you're here, Kel. I missed you... What she told her friends: "Why are you here, Kel? I was so happy..."

"Kel, je veux embrasser toi. Je parle dans le Français parce que tu ne sait pas le Français... J'aime toi, Kel. J'aime toi beaucoup..." Translation: Kel, I want to kiss you. I'm speaking in French because you don't know French... I like you, Kel. I like you a lot... What she told her friends: "Kel, you can be so annoying. I'm speaking in French because you don't know French. It's fun insulting you in French. It's really fun."

Kel would get annoyed when she did that. "Aubrey, you can just insult me in English. What's the difference?"

"The difference is that you don't know what I'm saying unless I translate it," Aubrey would reply. "That just makes everything better."

Kel would get annoyed and mutter someone about French-Canadians or how rude French people were as a whole, and Aubrey would smile back innocently. She knew was absolutely fucked the day he met someone else who spoke French or decided to learn it himself, but for now, she would confess her love to him in a way only she would know.

- - - -

𝚂𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕'𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚘𝚗, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝙸 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝙲𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚍𝚊, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚙𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚢 𝙵𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚑 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗 (𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚞𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚗 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚞𝚊𝚐𝚎, 𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚕𝚊/𝙱𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚊𝚕𝚒). 𝙼𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚎 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚙𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙵𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚑(-𝙲𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚊𝚗) 𝙰𝚞𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚢 𝚏𝚊𝚗𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚊 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚌𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚗 𝙸 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎.

𝙳𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙵𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚑 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚏 𝚊 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚍𝚎, 𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕. 𝙸𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝙵𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚑 𝚘𝚛 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝙸 𝚍𝚘, 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚖𝚎! 𝙸 𝚖𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝚜𝚘 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚢𝚘𝚞!

𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝 (𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚕𝚞𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙰/𝙽): 𝟷𝟸𝟸𝟷