026

026 - Innocent lies

My brother had punched Daniel into next week and all hell broke loose, his guys attacked Chase, Ward and I. I received a kick to the stomach and fell back on my ass.

As another was coming for me, someone stepped in front of me, blocking the person from harming me. I looked up despite the pain and saw Daniella force the guy to his knees as she was an inch away from snapping his arm.

"Back off, now!" She snapped. The guy attempted to hit her, but she snapped his arm and he cried out in pain. She turned to me and kneeled. "Are you okay? I'm so sorry, I came here to make peace, it's all a misunderstanding–at least from my side" She rambled.

"Help me up" I grunted in pain, I wrapped my arm around my stomach as I caught my breath. "He went too far with your brother, I wasn't a part of it, but when I found out I was too late. I'm so sorry, I-I ruined your life because Daniel pressured me to go too far. I'm so sorry, I thought it was what I wanted, but it was all him" She said, she was crying.

"Get out of here, Daniella. You can't stop your brother, so do everyone a favor and escape before you get caught in it too" I said through the pain. My ribs were screaming at me to remain still, but I had to move.

"Nick!" Voices shouted, I looked towards the source, my eyes widened–it happened so quickly. I grabbed Daniella's hand and yanked her out of the way and let my other hand form into a fist as Daniel charged at me.

My fist connected with his nose and he screamed out in pain. I heard other voices call out my name, ones I recognized. Francesca, Celina, West, North and Oliver.

All four joined the fight, Francesca and Daniella backed me up, both knew if I took one hard blow to the head, it could be over for me.

"Someone has to break them apart" Francesca shouted as she kicked a guy in the face. "Darling–catch!" West shouted, I looked towards him and he threw a long metal pipe at me, it was as long as my height.

I nodded his way and knocked people out from a safe distance. I watched as everyone from Jacksonville gathered against Daniel and his friends.

I don't know where my brother or Chase was. My guess was the huge crowds of people fighting in a puddle. I couldn't make out anyones faces. 

"Is Mitch here?" I called out for Celina, she shrugged and avoided a blow to the face at the last second. Fuck I needed Mitch's help to stop this, or win this.

Someone had snuck behind me and sent a kick to my spine. I fell forward and scraped my cheek and hands over the dusty concrete floor.

Someone grabbed my foot and dragged me back, panic kicked in after the shock and wave of pain, I screamed and clawed at the floor in hopes I could resist the pull.

"Let go of me!" I screamed and attempted to kick the person, but both of my feet were grabbed. I somehow managed to turn onto my back and saw Daniel, at least I could make out that it was Daniel, his face was bleeding so violently I could barely see the color of his skin.

"Stop!" I shouted at him, but he only fell to his knees and clawed at my thighs and pulled me further down into him. He hovered slightly over me and I attempted to hit him, but he grabbed my hands and pressed himself into me.

He sent a fist to my nose, blood filled my vision, shock hit me as he had done so, then fear kicked in. "Stop! Daniel, stop!" Daniella shouted and crashed into him, forcing him off of me as he had grabbed my throat.

I blinked the black spots away for a few seconds before my ears started ringing. Everything slowed down for a second. I got onto my stomach and looked around, everyone was fighting with no mercy.

Blood splattered across the floor, on the skin of people. It was horrible, I couldn't see how this could end.

Suddenly a rope wrapped around my throat, a foot was placed on my lower back and the person pulled. "I fucking despise you! You fucking Martell's ruined our life!" Daniel shouted.

I clawed at the rope and gasped. "Nick!" People shouted. On cue, someone hit Daniel so hard that even I could hear bones break.

Daniel let go as he fell to the ground instantly, I fell forward and hit my head on the concrete. My eyes were getting heavy as I saw blood gather in a pool near my eye. The last thing I saw was Mitch dropping to the ground, he turned my head, to see how bad it was.

He moved his hands, but I couldn't understand. I slowly closed my eyes, I could've sworn that I heard Mitch's voice call my name. At least what sounded like Mitch's voice, I remembered the video he showed me with his voice four years ago.

This was the same, but his voice was darker and rougher. I smiled a little to myself as I imagined Mitch's voice, Mitch talking to me. It was wonderful.

He came. He was there. He saved me. He said my name.

Four years after being mute, he said my name. My eyes closed and darkness took over.

I suddenly heard crying. It filled my ears, it was painful. It was loud and uncontrolled. I was slowly able to open my eyes and I knew I was done for.

My mother was bawling her eyes out. My father was staring out of the window and I was in the hospital. Someone was holding my hand, I looked over and saw Ward clinging onto my hand, he was crying as well, just silently.

"Ward" I whispered, I had no voice. His head shot up and he began crying harder, he pulled me into a hug and I felt my mother move as well.

"Are you okay?" I half whispered to my brother, my voice was hoarse and weak, but he heard me, because he laughed while crying.

"You nearly die and you ask me if I'm okay?" He said and exhaled as he continued to cry. Our mother shoved him away and hugged me as well.

I did notice the way his face was stitched and bruised. He had taken many hits. "Did we win?" I can't help but ask, Ward laughs but he stops when our father pushes him and Erin out of the way.

"You think this is funny? I keep paying hospital bills! You want to die, so why didn't you?! Huh?! You keep seeking danger, it must be because you want to die, right? What is wrong with you!? You have a family, Nicolina. Are you insane!?" He screamed at me.

Ward raised an eyebrow when I didn't flinch at all. He was shocked by the screaming and by the words our father said to me. "She wanted to be an MMA fighter, she had dreams like me–why are you going off at her like this?" Ward questioned in horror. Our father shoved him into the wall.

"Shut your mouth, boy. She got one last chance here in Jacksonville, she used it. We're moving again" He snarled at both of us.

My heart broke in my chest, it felt hard to breathe and I began to cry. "Oh–so now you're crying, huh?!" Our father shouted, he grabbed my chin harshly and made me look at him through the tears.

"Useless, selfish bitch" He snarled in my face. "Hey! Shut your mouth, get off of her, now!" Ward shouted and pushed him back.

Our mother sobbed as she leaned down to hug my bandaged stomach. I didn't have to ask to know I had broken a rib or two.

"Get out of here! Get out! Leave us alone, leave!" Our mother suddenly burst out, she lifted her head from my stomach as Ward and our father started pushing each other. Our mother took over from Ward and pushed our father towards the door.

She even slapped him across the face. "I'm leaving you! I'm tired of you hurting us! Get out!" She screamed, I had never ever seen her this way. Our family was falling apart.

 Our family was falling apart