012

012 - Underground

West had picked me up once again for the underground fights. I was more prepared this time. I wore an oversized hoodie and leather pants, I also wore a leather jacket on top of it.

"Looking good, darling" West called out from his motorcycle. I rolled my eyes and got on behind him and accepted the spare helmet.

"How's Sophia?" I ask him. "She's good, I'm seeing tomorrow night again" He said and I could tell he was grinning widely.

"That's good, bub" I cooed and he laughed before speeding down the street. I held on for dear life and within five minutes he had pulled up at the old school.

I saw Fran's car there. I felt a sense of relief when I also saw the familiar McLaren. "Mitch is on in five," West said.

I nodded and we hurried inside, we got to the front row as people gathered. I saw Mitch by his cousin Oliver. West whistled and North nodded and he pulled me after him as he made his way to his friends and twin.

"Hey Nick" Oliver called out, that got Mitch's attention, he looked at me in confusion. He didn't look pleased with me being here.

I shrugged it off and watched as Oliver tried to bandage Mitch's hands and were doing a piss poor job at it. I scrunch my nose in disapproval but stay quiet.

Though Mitch suddenly stood in front of me instead. 'Help me do it right' he signed. I glanced at Oliver who smirked and felt myself grow smaller on the spot.

"Alright" I muttered and undid Oliver's poor work. 'Why are you here?' Mitch signed to me with one hand as I did the other. "West brought me" I said while focusing on tying the bandages right.

It would even give him an advantage. When I was done, Mitch was glaring at West, why I didn't know, but then he looked at his hands and nodded in approval.

'Like a pro' He signed for me and I chuckled. Hiding the truth once again. "He wants the Nick rizz so bad" West leaned into my ear to whisper.

I shoved his head away from mine and cringed in disgust. "You're horrible" I retorted and crossed my arms as Mitch' opponent walked into the small circle people had cleared for them to fight in.

"You love me and you know it" West scoffed and put his arm around my shoulders as we watched, I glanced around and pulled my hood up. I wasn't supposed to be here, I felt it in my bones.

Yet I stayed. I watched Mitch fight, he received a few serious blows, but his footwork was remotely better, he had better balance and his moves were unpredictable to his opponent, but I could read him as I watched him.

I smirked a little when I recognized one of his moves, it was my move from sparring with West. That little shit. He was watching me way more than I thought.

Mitch finished his opponent and everyone cheered. "Can you do mine too?" West suddenly asked, I turned to him in confusion.

"I'm up," West said with a cheeky smirk. "What? You're fighting too?" I was surprised. "Yeah, we all are," West said in a duh tone.

North handed me the bandage and I glanced back and forth. Fuck. West pulled his shirt off and threw it at my head, I yanked it off and glared at him.

"It's West time baby!" He cheered. I snorted and grabbed his hands, wrapping the bandage perfectly. "Oh wow, that does feel better" He said in surprise and took a few fake swings.

"Alright, get out there. Don't lose, I like your face the way it is" I tell him, as a warning. He shoots me a wink. "Anything for you, darling" He retorted and stepped out in the circle. His opponent stepped forward.

He matched West's size, it made sense. Mitch stepped over next to me as I held West's shirt in my hands. "Good work out there, I definitely saw improvement" I told Mitch, he wiped his bloody eyebrow and gave me a short smile.

It was cut short because the fight began, everyone turned serious. West was playing around often and I think most of us here were fearing he would pull something childish and get hurt.

West struggled, he was shoved to the floor in front of me and I kneeled before he stood up. "Weak defense" I whispered to him as I pretended to help him up. I knew he had heard me because he went all crazy on his opponent's ass.

His defense was shitty, West easily won as soon as he had seen it for himself. Everyone cheered and I saw Fran and Cel on the opposite side. Both waved at me and I smiled back.

Though it was strained, West was bleeding a lot. I didn't like it, he had allowed his opponent to land way too many powerful hits on him.

"Mitch! I believe we have a real fight saved" A voice called out, both Mitch, West and I looked up and saw Daniel.

My face fell as I held onto West, his blood smearing off on my clothes. "Nick..." West muttered with worry.

Daniel who drugged me and tried to take advantage of me, stood in all his glory, shirtless and ready to fight. My gaze landed on Mitch, who was looking at me as well.

I shook my head slightly, Mitch was injured, not like West, but he was spent, he had his fight and he won. Daniel was completely fresh into the fight.

It wasn't fair. "No, don't do it. Leave it" I hissed under my breath to Mitch who looked back up at Daniel. "Are you afraid?" Daniel mocked, people giggled and others glared at him, knowing Mitch was better than him.

But he was spent. It would end with more serious injuries if Mitch stepped out there, I knew it. Fuck I knew it better than them.

West clung onto me as he was getting sloppier, which alerted me. "North!" I hissed, he ran over immediately and took over for me. I took West's face in my hands and shook it slightly.

"West, stay with me. What's wrong?" I asked him, I wasn't sure what had taken such a toll on him, he had to tell me.

"Nick..." North said, people started cheering and Mitch had stepped out into the ring, accepting Daniel's challenge.

"Mitch, no!" I hissed, Fran and Celina ran over to us, helping us with West. "Shit is about to go down, get West home, clean him up. If he gets worse, get him to the ER. Don't let him fall asleep" I instructed the girls. North nodded and the three got West out of there.

"This is not good, stop him" I walked up to Oliver and snapped. "Mitch does what Mitch wants. There's nothing we can do but watch" Oliver said and I shook my head in disbelief.

I was back. Right back at where I didn't want to be. I had blood smeared all over me on my face. I shouldn't be here.

I couldn't leave Mitch now. The fight began and Daniel took a few dirty jabs at Mitch, he was only able to avoid so many.

He took the hits and I felt myself wince and pull back every time Mitch took another hit. His brow was fully bleeding, it was no longer just a scratch, Daniel had ripped it open.

I kept shaking my head over the shouting. "Come on, Mitch!" I screamed along with the others. I didn't want to see him lose, I was worried enough about West.

I didn't need Mitch on the floor as well. Mitch straightened his back when I had shouted, he sort of danced around with Daniel as he avoided his blows and then he sent his final blow at Daniel.

 Mitch straightened his back when I had shouted, he sort of danced around with Daniel as he avoided his blows and then he sent his final blow at Daniel