018

018 - Sunday

Ward had woken up Sunday morning, which had made my parents decide to stay in West County. I had to go back to be able to go to school tomorrow.

"Take the car, we'll drive back home in your new car" My father said. I nodded my head and hugged my parents goodbye.

Then I turned to Ward, he had been looking at me weird since he woke up. Like he knew something had happened.

"Stay safe, brother" I told him as I hugged him. He hugged me back tightly, I sat on the side of the hospital bed and I heard mom begin to cry again.

"I'm sorry, for everything it was–""—I'm not doing this, Ward. You just woke up. We have time, just rest and get better, okay?" I cut him off and pulled away slightly.

"Okay, I'll call you–if you'll answer this time," He said. "I'll answer" I confirmed and gave him a small smile. "Be safe" He called out as Chase followed me out of the hospital room.

"It was good to see you again," Chase said as we approached my parent's car. "Yeah, thanks for having my back," I said. Whatever I felt for Chase was gone, I loved him, but as my brother's best friend.

"I'll let you guys know when I'm home" I said and Chase nodded. "Drive safely" He said and opened the car door for me.

"I can never thank you enough for what you did– you risked everything to mark your brother's crew. It was amazing to watch you fight again" Chase said.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and frowned. "It will never happen again" I told him and looked into his eyes. He nodded his head understanding what I was saying.

"Here's your things from last night. Be safe," Chase said as I got into the car, I grabbed my hoodie, leather jacket and phone from him. He closed the car door after me and I turned on the car. I waved at him as I raced out of the parking lot.

Everything that happened last night hit me. Tears started rolling down my cheeks as I drove in the dark weather. It was going to rain soon, I knew it would.

I turned on the music and pushed my tears down, I had done what was right, I had done what Ward would've done if it had been me.

I knew my brother would always move mountains for me, he would protect me with his life. As I would his, I needed him. I didn't want to push him away anymore.

We needed to talk when the time was right.

For now I was working on getting home in one piece. An hour into the four hour drive, I had texted Mitch and everyone else that I was okay and on my way home.

I put my phone down as I glanced back at the road. My knuckles were broken, the skin was broken, it was ripped open.

My shoulder was bruised like it was broken, I mean it had been, but the color of it made it look worse than what it was.

Mitch texted back immediately.

Mitch Warner:
Come see me when you're back.

I didn't respond to it, I didn't want to argue with him. I was exhausted and as I pulled up in my driveway, I was afraid that I would pass out from pain and exhaustion.

I walked through the rain to get to my front door, my bag slung over my shoulder as I got drenched in water. I unlocked the dark house and stepped inside.

I turned on the light and locked the door, then I texted Chase, Ward and my parents that I was home.

I threw my shoes to the side and headed upstairs immediately, I needed a shower. A hot, long shower.

I dropped my bag on the floor of my bedroom and then headed to my bathroom, I turned on the water and began to strip down.

I winced when I had to pull my hoodie over my head, but I managed. I let the warm water engulf my body, I leaned against the wall and let my body get warm before I began to wash the dried blood off of my body.

Blood from others and my own.

I shampooed and conditioned my hair and used my body wash in hopes that it would wash my bruises away.

I didn't bother to get dressed. I had a robe wrapped around my body and then I went straight to bed. My bedside lamp was still on when I fell asleep, or more like passed out.

I slept for ten hours, until my alarm echoed in the entire room. I groaned as I shut it off. I wasn't ready to deal with everyone.

I had run out on everyone, they thought it was because of them, but it was because of my brother. I hadn't explained at all.

I didn't know what had gone down while I was gone for the entire weekend. I knew I was in for the major drama Fran gossiped.

I got dressed, not with ease. My shoulder felt heavy as ever, it hurt like hell. But I managed. I got ready and left the house, I liked having the house to myself.

I raced to school in the Mercedes and when I parked and stepped out, some of the students turned to look at me. I remained unfazed as I slung my bag over my shoulder and walked into the school.

Now it wasn't just a few students. The entire hall turned to me, I frowned at the attention, what exactly had happened while I was gone?

"Nick, Nick, Nick" I heard West hiss my name and I looked to the side and saw him waving his hands. I glanced back at the people watching me before going into the classroom.

West immediately pulled me into a hug. "Fuck, you had me worried for an entire weekend, you little bitch" He grumbled in my ear.

I gnawed at my cheek as he squeezed my shoulder, I tried not to scream in pain. "West, you're killing me" I grunted, he pulled back and watched the pain on my face.

Just as I escaped one hug, two other's clung onto me. Celina and Francesca hugged from behind and from my side. "You have a lot of explaining to do" Fran mumbled in my ear. "About that–why was everyone staring at me?" I ask the three.

"Well, Mitch might've lost it when he heard the phone call on friday. Everyone was there in the underground. He completely lost his shit" Celina explained.

"It's true," West confirmed as he jumped up onto a desk. "Great" I said with sarcasm. "Was that my favorite sarcastic girl I heard?" Oliver stuck his head into the classroom. I rolled my eyes a little and he oh's by my sass, he pulls me a hug and I laugh a little before hugging him back.

"Alright, let's get you to class" Oliver said, Fran, Cel and West nodded in agreement. So, we made our way out of the classroom, only for a body to crash into mine. I'm pushed backwards until I'm in the classroom again.

Mitch crashed into me and now had his hands on my waist as he pushed me back in. "What are you doing?" I ask him wearily.

'You didn't come to see me' He signed with anger. "Hey Mitch, come on–we're gonna be late" West called out. Mitch grabbed my hands and saw the bruises and cuts on my knuckles, he eyed them and then looked at me waiting for an explanation.

"I was exhausted, I fell asleep" I said, but his eyes told me he knew something. Guilt filled my senses and I remained unfazed on the outside as he stared at me. He knew

 He knew