Plasmasonic#7: Rallying

PAGE 1 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.
CUT TO: VALLARONA, SPAIN
EXT. SPARROWPORT - NIGHT

THE DOOMCRIERS GAWK ASTOUNDED THAT TO̅MI HAS RETURNED WITH THE FACEPLATE OF THE CENTINELA ESPELUZNANTE.

DOOMCRIER NO. 1: (BALLOON)
Did she beat the Centinela Espeluznante?

DOOMCRIER NO. 2: (BALLOON)
Well, she is the iconoclast.

DOOMCRIER NO. 3: (BALLOON)
It has to be some kind of trick! No one could beat that thing by themselves.

Panel 2.

DOOMCRIERNO. 4 AND SOME OF HIS BUDDIES PUSH THEIR WAY THROUGH THE CROWD TO ARRIVE WHERE TO̅MI IS.

DOOMCRIER NO. 4: (BALLOON)
Hey, what kind of game is this?

DOOMCRIER NO. 5: (BALLOON)
We went down there with a small army and could barely put a scratch on that thing. You think we're supposed to believe you just because you brought a piece of it back?

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Well... yes.

UNKNOWN DOOMCRIER BOY: (OFF-PANEL BALLOON)
Alright, that's enough.

Panel 3.

AN OLDER BOY STEPS FORWARD THROUGH THE CROWD TO APPROACH TO̅MI.

UNKNOWN DOOMCRIER BOY: (BALLOON)
Jeez, was she supposed to lug the whole carcass back with her?

Panel 4.

DOOMCRIER NO. 4 DEVELOPS AN IRRITATED EXPRESSION AS HE HEARS THE SOUND OF OTHER CITIZENS CHATTERING AMONGST THEMSELVES.

DOOMCRIER NO. 6: (BALLOON)
Manuel does have a point.

DOOMCRIER NO. 4: (BALLOON)
Even if he does, how do we know that she can be trusted?

DOOMCRIER NO. 7: (BALLOON)
I heard it was the size of an elephant!

DOOMCRIER NO. 8: (BALLOON)
She's not human! How did she do that all by herself?

Panel 5.

TO̅MI LOOKS AT DOOMCRIER NO. 4 WITH A DIRECT EXPRESSION. DOOMCRIER NO. 4 LOOKS AWAY WITH A FED-UP EXPRESSION. MANUEL APPROACHES TO̅MI'S SIDE.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
An enemy of your enemy is someone who should be heard out, wouldn't you say?

DOOMCRIER NO. 6: (OFF-PANEL BALLOON)
She does have a point.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
Which is exactly why we're going to hear her out.

Panel 6.

MANUEL GLANCES AT TO̅MI WITH A SLIGHTLY SKEPTICAL EXPRESSION. TO̅MI LOOKS AT MANUEL WITH A CONFUSED EXPRESSION.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
I can't deny that this is quite the feat you've pulled off. It's even more than I was expecting of the Iconoclast. I can't help but feel that maybe it was a bit... showboaty.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
There's nothing to this. My friend needed my help and I went down there to get this ingredient. That's all this is. Well, maybe I assumed that by showing you I beat that monster, it would put you a little more at ease. That's all though.

MANUEL: (BALLOON)
Hmm, I see.

PAGE 2 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

DOOMCRIER NO. 4 AND NO. 5 LOOK AROUND AT THE OTHER CITIZENS AS THEY CHATTER AMONGST THEMSELVES.

Panel 2.

DOOMCRIER NO. 5 THEN APPROACHES MANUEL TO HAVE A PRIVATE TALK.

DOOMCRIER NO. 5: (WHISPERING BALLOON)
Even Mirabelle and her witches would have had trouble fighting that thing. For all we know she could be a spy.