Chapter 12

Melissa sighed as she finished updating her last chart before her dinner break. Scott had called to tell her that he was with Allison so she didn't have to worry too much about him and was planning to enjoy the leftover enchiladas that she had brought for a few minutes of peace and quiet. Leaning back in her chair she rubbed her eyes as she glanced at the chart on the wall and smiled slightly at the number of empty rooms on the floor. Alan Deaton and the others had come to the hospital shortly after Stiles' call and with Melissa's assistance, they had managed to cure the remaining victims of the witches' curse. Scott had told her some details about the coven's defeat but that wasn't something she was going to focus on. It was quiet now and she was going to enjoy it as long as she could.

"Mrs. McCall!" Melissa flinched as she recognized Stiles' panicked voice. She looked over her shoulder and saw the teen for a second, moving before she consciously recognized that the boy's shirt was covered in blood. She was at his side in seconds, but his shirt appeared whole, despite the blood.

"Stiles?" She questioned, but he grabbed her arm and started to pull her back the way he came. 

He was leading her to one of the empty exam rooms. 

"What's going on?" She demanded in a whisper, freezing when she saw the look of desperation on his face.

"It's my dad." He croaked. 

Melissa's eyes hardened and she bolted forward as Stile pulled her into the room. Stepping inside she saw Noah laying on the table, his shirt torn and bleeding from multiple wounds on his chest and neck. Melissa felt the mental shift inside her as she went into 'nurse mode' and cut off her emotions as she moved to her friend's side to catalog the wounds. Multiple punctures on the neck in addition to bruising that appeared to be the result of strangulation, four parallel cuts on the stomach that luckily were not too deep, bruising and cuts on the head, and a hand that looked sprained or broken.

"Stiles get that cart." She ordered, reaching for another tray and grabbing supplies. The next few moments were solely focused on checking out everything but she could spot no other major injuries. "What the hell Stiles, why aren't we in the ER?" she demanded not quite meeting Noah's eyes.

"One of the Alphas attacked us at our house" Stiles stammered looking pale as she cleaned around the claw marks.

Melissa's eyes widened and she glanced at the Sheriff who was watching them through gritted teeth. He was watching her and his eyes suddenly narrowed in suspicion. "You knew about all of this...this" the Sheriff waves his uninjured hand and sees Melissa flinch. "We will be talking about that...ah!" the shout of pain interrupts whatever he was going to say and Melissa glared at Stiles and he could see the unhappy 'I told you so' in her eyes.

"Long story, but did you say Derek did this?" she demanded of Stiles and then frowned at the matching confused looks on the Stilinski men.

"Hale?" Noah asks in confusion, but Stiles shakes his head.

"Not Derek, one of the Alpha Pack." Stiles clarifies, but sees that Melissa doesn't understand. "Please tell me that Scott told you about the pack of Alpha werewolves that came to town to kill everyone." 

Stiles groans at the look of fury that quickly crosses her face.

"He is so grounded," she mutters as the Sheriff looks at Stiles with a calculating look.

"Hale is a werewolf?" he asks and Stiles closes his eyes and takes a deep breath.

"Yeah he is. It's complicated," he starts, but the sheriff cuts him off quickly with a move that causes him to gasp in shock.

"Stop moving, Noah." Melissa orders quickly and he leans back to let her work.

"Stiles you need to explain things to me. Apparently we were just attacked...by a werewolf who said he was going to kill you to send a message, who pretty much ignored being shot by me, twice, and then you...you did whatever it was you did..." the Sheriff stammered at a loss and Stiles flushed when Melissa looked confused.