Chapter Three

We arrived at a large and round object with four thin horizontal strips on top. We entered it, the thin strips spinning loudly and quickly as the Agent pressed buttons and began flying upwards. I gripped the edges of my seat, the strange occurrence leaving me uncertain.

The Agent spoke loudly so I could hear. "Not a fan of helicopters and flying?"

I shook my head. "I've never been in one."

There was a smile before the Agent directed the helicopter from land to a gigantic object in the sea. My eyes widened at the sight of it. We landed on top where bird shaped objects sat on the same platform and entered inside. I gawked at all the strange things I saw, but what left me feeling uneasy was the one colour I saw everywhere: grey. I felt sceptical as the Agent continued to led me further.

"Where are we?" I questioned, blocking out my suspicious tone.

"This is the Helicarrier. SHIELDS headquarters." The Agent answered, looking over his shoulder to do so.

"Fascinating." I stated, frowning in wonder at what was to become of me in the strange place.

We entered a small room with a large mirror on one wall, a table set with two chairs opposite each other.

The Agent gestured for me to sit down. I followed suit as he sat in the opposite place.

He began to speak. "You were in the Museum of the City of New York. You broke free from your containment. Is that correct?"

I lightly frowned, unsure of the meaning of this. "I did indeed."

"And you are aware of a sighting over ten thousand years ago, of you falling from the sky?"

"Ten thousand years ago?" My eyes widened.

The Agent ignored my words. "Earth had a similar sighting a year ago. He was from outer space. Is that where you come from?"

I was transfixed. "Is this Earth?" I pointed down at the desk. "And who is this man you speak of from outer space?"

The Agent's eyebrows raised. "You don't know?"

I shook my head in response, still comprehending each new piece of information that was thrown at me.

The Agent shrugged.

"What is the meaning of this?" I questioned suddenly.

"I need to understand whether you are a threat or not, and I need answers on who you are. Think you can do that for me?"

I cocked my head. "I can assure you, a threat I am not. It is I who shall know whether I am in danger and can trust those who claim to take me in "good hands". Under these very gloomy grey circumstances, I can assure you that trust is not present."

"We will not danger you unless you are seen as a threat. We cannot decide that unless you give us answers. If you fail to do so, we can find them in other ways. Let's start with a name."

"The name I apply comes only from all that I know. Nothing, is the answer I provide you."

"Don't make this difficult. I don't want to take the hard way. I need to know your name."

"Provide a name, I cannot, for I have no recollection of it."

"No recollection? Then do you know where you come from?"

"I do not. I must inform you, before you provide further questioning, that upon waking up in my enclosure, there is no memory provided to me of occurrences beforehand. How must I provide you of my origins and name if I have no memory of it? Now, must you continue to question a memoryless being?"