Chapter 2

It was lunch period, and I was walking towards the cafeteria. After I grabbed my lunch I searched for my best friend Kylie. I saw her waving at me. I smiled taking a seat next to her. "Heyyy"! She hugged me, and I hugged her back. "How's your day going"?, I asked her as I grabbed my fork.

"It was normal, school sucks". She payed her head on my shoulder dramatically. I laughed "True". "How's it going with your step mom"? Yes, I told Kylie about Billie. "Well, she looks nice, but she gives me these weird stares sometimes". I shrugged my shoulders.

"What kind of stares"? Kylie furrowed her eyebrows. "Like, she winks at me and smirks but maybe she's just being funny". Kylie side eyes me. I rolled my eyes playfully and kept eating. I know school lunch sucks but I gotta eat something.

**Time skip**

As I was waiting for my dad to pick me up, I see a matte black dodge challenger pull up in-front of me. I frowned until they lowered their window. It was Billie. She was smirking at me, again. "Get in, your dads stuck at work". I nodded and walked toward her car. When I was about to open the back door she interrupted me.

"You can sit on the front you know, I don't bite" She smiled. I nodded and sat on the front. She started driving, and I stared out the window. I found it kind of odd that only one day after meeting Billie, my dad trusts her enough to pick me up from school.

But to be honest, I feel like I should be more accepting. When we lost my mom, dad fell into depression. Now, I saw him with Billie and he looked happier. Don't get me wrong I'm glad he's happy, but it's odd when your dads girlfriend keeps looking, winking and smirking at you.

My thoughts were interrupted when I noticed we arrived home. I got out of the car and walked to the door, waiting for Billie to open the door. She opened it and I went up to my room. When I did, there was a medium teddy bear laying on the bed. I picked it up.

"I got you a gift". I was startled and flinched. It was just Billie, standing at my doorway. "Oh, thanks". I smiled slightly, putting it on my desk. "I'm making dinner, I'll tell you when it's ready" I nodded and stood there awkwardly.

She winked at me and walked away, closing my door.

**time skip**

"Dinners ready"! I heard Billie shout from downstairs. I walked down and Billie was leaning against the counter, with an apron on. I was thirsty so I went to the cupboard and attempted to reach for a cup. Why do I have to be so short ugh. While I was struggling to reach for the cup, I suddenly felt a presence behind me. Billie leaned on my back, grabbing the cup from the cupboard.

"You could've asked for help hun". She whispered in my ear, placing the cup on my hand. I gulped "T-thanks" I mumbled out. She chuckled and sat on the table. 'Why did I like the way she stood behind me?'

After dinner, I changed into my pajamas (obviously after taking a shower) and went to bed.

A/N: I feel like this is so bad ;-;