Chapter 1: Escape into Midgard

Get into the scene here: 

 'Finally. 

After what felt like weeks of labor, we're finally free to be us. 

Unfortunately, however, it was Sol's turn to pick what we did in Midgard, and of course, she just had to choose Paradise Club. 

An upstart glamorous bar and dance club; dinner and show as they say.

It's filled with drunken stoopers and upper-class men alike all having the times of their lives.

Sol likes it for its location over the ocean, watching the sunset as she paints watercolors over the atmosphere. 

I think she also likes it for the attention she receives. 

The body of a goddess disguised in mortal cloth, and showing off parts I find rather unsavory. 

She's a pretty face with a bubbly personality who never turns down a shot of any form of liquor (especially tequila).

Yet, I'm sitting alone in a darkened corner of this circus and documenting everything like some freak amongst the freaks.

A silent audience watching the clowns play their parts to perfection...

I swear, every time I look up from writing this, she's watching me. 

Her eyes are like daggers threatening me to socialize as I always seem to promise to do. 

Lucky for me, a few drinks in and she tends to forget about it.' 

  Mani pauses in his writing, looking up briefly at his younger sister.

As he had suspected, she was eyeing him while her body seemed to be dancing to its drum. 

Her heart was also in it, of course, but she could never let her heart be beat in her step. 

Not here, at least...

Mani sighs, looking back down at his journal while blaring music drowns out his thoughts. 

  'Part of me wishes I could be anything like her' he begins again. 

'Dancing to the beat of my drum and never having to worry about things...not here, not in Asgard.

Not ever. 

Sometimes it seems as though fate has dealt me the off suits' he pauses. 

  'I suppose it's good I've mastered my poker face to perfection.' 

  "Mani!" Sol exclaims, rushing over to her brother with a bit of an agitated tone. 

"Mani, you said you'd try this time!" 

  "Did I? 

Hm, I must have forgotten!" he replies, the two almost shouting over the music. 

  "I'm being serious! 

You're supposed to be having fun, not being a studious old man!" 

  "Right...how about I'll be the responsible old man for fun and you be the little social fiðrildi, alright?" He says in a condescending manner, fiðrildi meaning butterfly.