𝟭𝟵. "𝗜 𝗰𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗿" {𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝗶𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗹𝗲}

Mila stood there in shock. Not able to comprehend what she was looking at. Madi was almost blue lying on the gurney.

"W-What happened?" Mila asked. She turned to face her brother. "Derek?" He looked as white as she was.

Derek sighed. "She was knocked into the water. She frowned."

Mila frowned. She looked to him. "That doesn't make sense. She can swim. She wouldn't have drown. She can swim," she said as she turned to look at the other interns.

Derek saw how close Mark was to his sister. But he didn't say anything. It wasn't the right time for it. Madi needed him. He had saved madi and he was scared. Derek knew that it was madi and he couldn't loose her

He knew that he was with Meredith but he couldn't loose madi

••••

Mila sat on the floor outside of the trauma room where madi was. She laid her head on George's shoulder. Mark had gone to check on some patients.

The door opened and Addison came out. Mila jumped up. "Addie?" She asked quietly. She just wanted news. She just wanted to know that madi was okay and was going to stay that way

"It's not good," Addison said, she was avoiding looking at the interns. Especially mila. Mila rested her head back on the wall as a tear rolled down her face

Mila felt sick. She felt someone wrap an arm around her shoulder. She saw George. Cristina walked over. "Is she still cyanotic? What was her initial temp? What is taking so long?" She asked.

"Dr Yang!" Addison all but yelled. She was getting frustrated.

Mila was silently crying. Alex pulled her from George and wrapped his arms around her. Addison sighed. "It's not good. They're doing everything they can. You should maybe... prepare yourselves. I have to go. My Jane Doe is awake," she told them.

Addison turned and walked off. Alex went after her, wanting to help anyway he could. But really not wanting to be with his friends. Just in case something happened to madi.

Cristina looked to the interns. "Prepare ourselves? That's... that's what we tell people when their loved ones are.. are dying."

Mika shook her head. "Shut the fuck up. She isn't dying. Madi cannot die," she said as she turned and walked off.

She was sick of everyone saying she was going to die. She wasn't going to let Madison Grey die. Not while she was still an intern. She wouldn't let madi leave her

•••

Mila stood outside of Ellis' Grey's room. She was watching her with interest. She knew how madi felt over her mother and how ellis had treated her and made her feel worthless. Ellis had just had surgery. Mila knew that all Meredith and madi wanted was to make their mother proud.

Bella frowned as she saw Derek walking into her room. "Derek?" She called as she followed him.

Ellis was yelling. "Water! Get me some water!"

Derek got her a glass of water. "You broke her. You called her ordinary. You taught her time and time again that nothing she does is ever good enough. Both her and Meredith. Every good thing that madi is happened. Despite you. She may not survive this. That's on you. That is on you!" He coldly said.