10

Camila’s POV

Lolo is not kidding when she said that it’s a long journey, we’re leaving Miami now as what she said and 30 more minutes before we arrive at our destination and the clock read 10:45 and we left the condo 8:16.

I’m nervous, that’s what I’m feeling right now, I know I already saw my father’s picture on the lobby of JJToys but the picture is 10yrs old and I’m wondering what he looks like right now.

Mother always said that my father hates me that’s why she took me away, leaving him, but what she taught me is all wrong, she’s the selfish one. Father loves me, if he’s not, he will not build JJToys as a reminder of me, not finding me and not sending Lauren to search for me. 25yrs of searching is not easy but my father is still hoping that he could see me again and now is the time.

I noticed Lauren slowing her speed, press a button in front making the driver’s window lowered down. A man appeared by the window, firearm in his chest.

“Lo,” I said with fear then held her arm quickly, because there were men, firearms in their arms.

“Relax.”

“Buenos dias, Señorita Mika.” A man greeted Lauren with a smile on his face.

Mika Cabello, that’s what Lauren’s name when she’s in the cartel.

“Buenos dias, Simeon, traje a la señora Camila.” (Good morning, Simeon, I brought Camila.)

“Buenos dias, Señorita Camila.”

He greeted me with respect and a smile on his lips.

“Hello,” is all I can say because I can’t speak Spanish. I saw him looked up and said.

“Enrolla la barrera que están aquí!” (Roll up the barrier, they’re here!)

I saw Lauren winked at me then the barrier which is a long metal thick rod rolled up, letting us in. Those men bowed their head before we left and we now continued our journey.

“I don’t understand your language.”

“I will teach you, don’t worry.”

“What language are you speaking with the man?”

“Spanish, that’s my first language then your father taught me English language, then I learned French and Japanese on my own.”

“That’s amazing.”

“In time, Camz, you will learn all of those things, no worries, we’re on the basic.”

“Okay…” then I looked outside and I saw a lot of trees and on the left was the Miami Beach, it’s so beautiful then furthermore on our 5mins journey I saw a huge house, “that’s where we heading?”

“Yes, Camz, and that’s your father’s house that’s where I also lives.”

“I see, it’s so huge.”

“I know, someday, according to your father from what you saw starting from the entrance up to that house will be your property.”

I widened my eyes on what I heard, I even gasped looking at Lauren, “what?”

“You heard me right, love, we’re just protecting what’s yours, remember I’m your father’s employee, even though he adopted me I still remain.”

I gulped and looked up, this like a whole island.

“I know you’re afraid, don’t be, I’m here, always here, remember, for eternity.”

I smiled, somewhat calm, “yes, love, for eternity,” and I lied on her shoulder.

After a few seconds on the pathway I finally saw the huge mansion, shit the mansion is like a castle on the story book I read with Lauren. I even saw some maids and men with firearms forming in two lines, sideways.

“We’re here.”

I heard Lauren says then I felt her hands squeezed my hand.

“Remember what I said.”

I nodded then she stepped out of the car then moved to the passenger to open the door for me like she always did. I accepted her offered hand and stepped out of the vehicle. I still couldn’t believe of what I saw on my surroundings.

“Buenos dias, Señorita Mika, Señorita Camila. Bienvenido a casa!”  (Good morning, Miss Mika, Miss Camila. Welcome home!)

I heard them all say, maids and those men.

Lauren shut her car close, then said, “they’re greeting us, welcoming us home,” and she pulled me, taking our way passed thru the maids.

Then in the entrance of the mansion, Alex, Angela, Diana and Norma were there, ready to greet us too.

“Finally!” Alex exclaimed.

“Can’t get out of the bed, huh?” Angela teased.

“Guys, guys, I know you heard it all from Norma, don’t be surprised.”

And we all laugh and began to tease Lauren. It’s true, we made love three times, last night and two quickies in the morning and in the shower.

Then Angela and Norma greet me with a hug.

“You’re right Norma, she’s more vibrant now,” Angela said.

“I told you.”

“What?” I asked them.

“You’re very different from the last time I saw you.”

Angela said then I looked at to my body, “it’s still the same.”

“The body, you gained weight, sexier, but you bloomed, your eyes are livelier now, full of life,” Norma said.

Then I stared at Lauren talking animatedly with Alex and Diana and I smiled, “it’s all because of Lo.”

Norma and Angela both smiled.

“We see it.”

***

Lauren led me to the second floor, taking the huge staircase on the living room when we stepped inside the mansion. The rest left taking of their errands leaving me and Lauren alone. Then we stopped at the huge twin door from the right, green light on the side.

“Behind this door is where your father is, he’s still in coma but in progress when Angela checked him earlier, just talk to him he can hear you.”

“Can you—can you come with me inside…?”

“Are you sure?”

I nodded vigorously, “I’m nervous, I don’t know if he’s still remembered me,” then she took my hands and squeezed it and give it a kiss.

“He remembered you, don’t worry,” then place her hand on her chest, “he remembered you by here, because you’re his daughter.”

“Okay, but I still want you inside with me.”

She nodded and agreed, “okay, love, I’ll come with you.”

She places her hand on the panel where the green light was located then it beeps, she then opened the door. We entered the room letting me in first.

I heard a hiss and a steady beep and a white smoke on the left then a big green tank on the side of the bed.

“What are those?” then Lauren explained each and I nodded.

I walked towards the bed slowly and saw a large man lying unconsciously on the bed, I don’t know why but I suddenly felt my cheeks wet. Lauren pulled the seat and let me sat on it, closer to the bed.

“I don’t—I don’t know if-if you can hear me, but Lolo said you can,” and I sniffed, “it’s me, Camila,” and I grab his big hand and gently squeezed it, “Lolo, found me, finally found me…” and I cried then I felt a familiar warmth on my back.

Lauren’s POV

I waited, I stayed with Camila who is still talking to her father. This is my first time hearing her cry and it breaks my heart.