5

Lauren’s POV

Every day, Angela check her, bringing her personal medical equipment for her to check the woman and even until now since the night I saved her from those thugs she’s still unconscious and it’s been 5 days already. I even make Norma come to my apartment so I can work from home because I really want to be there for her until she woke up.

“Still no progress?” Norma asked while looking at the sleeping woman on my bed.

I shook my head then answered, “Angela assured me that so far she’s fine.”

“That’s a good news then and also her bruises is fading,” and Norma look at me, “what kind of man who hurt a woman?”

Norma’s face can’t be drawn because she’s really pissed, even me.

“He’s not a man anymore if you ask me.”

“Exactly, even Diana and I fought sometimes she never ever raised her hand against me.”

“It’s because she loves you, I don’t know but Angela said she’d been raped, there’s indication that she’s being forced.”

“Oh my God, Laur, he didn’t deserved to live, whoever that person is.”

And we heard a doorbell.

“Stay here, I’ll answer it.”

I nodded at Norma and she left to check who is it then I stared at the woman.

“Laur, Alex is here,” Norma announced when she came back.

I looked back and saw Alex behind her and we greeted each other.

“I’ll go get you some coffee.”

“Thanks, Norma.”

“Oh Norma, DJ said you’re not answering your phone,” Alex said.

“Oh my God, I forgot, shit,” and she quickly left.

Then it’s me, Alex and the sleeping beauty inside my room.

“She looks better now.”

“Yeah,” I agreed with a smile on my lips, “what’s up?”

And Alex handed a folder, “my evidence, in case, but I will tell you anyway.”

“I trust you,” and I clasped my hand behind my back, “go on.”

“Thank you, okay,” and he sighed, “those thugs confessed, don’t worry I didn’t kill them I delivered them to Tristan that’s their reward for being cooperative to me and to my men, anyways, you will not believe what I just found out.”

And I looked at to Alex waiting for him to continue and he did.

“I’m not sure about this but I need to double check if he really is,” then he opened the folder and show it to Lauren, “meet Jack.”

I stopped, like I already expected that he will not do good when I saw his ugly picture that Alex hold out for me.

“I’m still not sure okay, and he’s still missing,” and he closed the folder, “here’s the fun part,” and he pointed the woman, “that sleeping beauty is ‘married’ with Jack.”

I frowned when he quoted, “you quoted married, why? And also Jack isn’t his name but Shawn Mendes.”

Alex and I both stop when we heard a painful groan. We looked up to the woman and I immediately approach her and caress her hair shushing her and so far it’s effective because she calmed down, still sleeping and I looked at to Alex.

“Jack it is,” Alex said, “confirmed.”

And I nodded, “so, she’s Karla Mendes,” then I let Alex continued, because this information is important.

“Seems like it, and to your question, I quoted married because when I check the civil registry they’re not registered.”

“They falsified a document.”

“Yes, and one of the thugs confessed the name of the man who falsified it, told his location and my men find him somewhere in Guam, we visited him and he confessed and here’s more,” and he smiled, “Laur, I think we found Camila Cabello.”

I widened my eyes, almost snapping my neck to look at him when I heard it, “what do you mean?”

“You told me that Camila’s full name is Camila Karla Estrabao Cabello, I heard you right, right?”

I nodded at him.

“The sleeping beauty is named Karla Estrabao before she ‘married’ Jack and its okay if you wanted to make sure, because for Steve we wanted to make sure.”

“What else?”

“The man who falsified the documents saw Karla lined with other women.”

“Slaves,” and I saw him nod then I moved to Karla’s feet and lifted the duvet that covered her feet, “move closer and you will see,” and he did, I saw his eyes widened.

“Bro…”

“I know.”

“I’ll notify Angela.”

“Please do.”