Chapter 4: Hayden

Start from the beginning

I raise an eyebrow. "That doesn't feel like a question."

He grins. "Nope. You're coming out. We need to get you drunk and show you around town."

I laugh. "I'm not sure that's a good idea." I'm a mean drunk and there's at least one fuckface in this locker room my fists are itching to meet.

"It's always a good idea," he says, clapping me on my sweaty shoulder. "Besides, there's this bar downtown called The Sin Bin that's got the hottest bartenders in Seattle. You'll love it. Just ask RoMo."

My pulse picks up at his words. Fuck, that's Cassidy's bar.

And in no fucking universe will I ask Roman Morozov for anything. The guy's a dick of the highest order.

"Fine," I say, trying to act like I don't care. "I'll go."

Archie grins and heads off to shower and change, leaving me alone with my thoughts again. And all I can think about is how I'm going to see her tonight.

Fuck, this is going to be fun.

***

When we get to The Sin Bin, it's packed and loud as hell. I scan the crowd for her, but there are too many people here for me to find her without a little help. So I head to the bar and order a beer, waiting for her to make her way over to me.

It doesn't take long before she's standing in front of me, her bright green eyes flashing as she asks me what I want like she doesn't know who I am. I'll play her game for now. "Just a beer," I say, giving her my best smile.

She's so much hotter in person and it's all I can do not to reach across the bar and pull her into my arms right here and now. Maybe bend her over the bar and make her moan my name so all my teammates know she's mine.

But she's working and I don't want to make a scene. Not yet anyway.

As she sets down my beer in front of me, I ask, "What time are you done here tonight?"

She raises an eyebrow. "I'm not."

"Come on," I say, leaning closer to her. "Stop pretending you don't love this as much as I do, princess. You know all I'd have to do is snap my fingers and you'd be mine."

Her cheeks flush slightly and she looks away from me. "I'm not yours."

"Not yet," I say with a smirk. "But you will be."

She rolls her eyes and turns away from me, heading down the bar to help some other guys who are waiting. But I know I've got her hooked now. She won't be able to resist me for long.

And that's exactly what I want.

I should be with my team, bullshitting and getting drunk but instead I'm sitting at the end of the bar watching Cassidy as she works and hoping I'm catch her looking at me. I'm like an addict waiting on his next fix.

Just as her gaze flicks to mine and I give her a smirk, my asshole teammate Roman blocks her from my view by leaning across the bar and flirting with her.

Fuck no. That's not happening.

I push up off my stool and head over there, ready to claim what's mine. "Hey," I say, putting a hand on Roman's shoulder. "Back off."

He turns to me with a scowl. "What the fuck?"

"You heard me."

His scowl melts into a smirk. "You're new here so you don't how shit works, but Cassidy and I have history. Isn't that right, babe?" He turns his slimy smile in her direction and she shoots him a glare filled with so much hate it makes my dick hard.

"Get the hell out of my bar, Roman," she says, crossing her arms over her chest. "I don't have time for your cheating ass tonight."

He laughs and turns back to me. "She loves to play hard to get."

My fingers curl into fists

"I'm not playing anything," she snaps. "Now get out or I'll call the cops and have you removed."

He holds up his hands in surrender and backs away from the bar, still smirking as he goes. "See you later, Cassidy."

She shakes her head and turns to me, her eyes flashing with anger. "You can go, too."

"Nah, I'll take my chances. See, I don't think you really want me gone."

Cassidy rolls her eyes but doesn't argue, grabbing another beer for me and sliding it across the bar. "What gives you that idea?"

I shrug. "I already told you. You're mine."

She scoffs. "I don't belong to anyone but myself."

"We'll see about that," I say, taking a long pull from my beer. "I'm not going anywhere."

"That's not what I want from you." She sounds annoyed, but there's something else there too. Something I can't quite put my finger on. But whatever it is, it only makes me want her more. "Look, you're wasting your time here. Go find someone else to bother."

"Not gonna happen," I say with a smirk as I lean closer to her, breathing in her sweet scent that's driving me fucking crazy. "I've got forever, princess."

She opens her mouth and then closes it, does it again, and then turns away, heading down the bar again to help other customers who are waiting for drinks, glancing one last time over her shoulder at me. I watch her every move like a lovesick puppy when I should be getting to know my teammates better.

Fuck. I need to get a grip.

But as I sit here and drink beer after beer, watching her work and trying to figure out how the hell I'm going to win her over, I realize something that scares the shit out of me.

I think she's already got me hooked.

And I don't care if she likes me or not, I'm not letting her go.

A/N: How are you feeling about Roman? Cheering for him to win Cassidy back or cheering for him to get kicked in the balls?