A pause followed, realization dawning. "Oh..." he looked downward, a tight feeling curling in his chest. He never worried about Mihou getting hurt. He was strong. A-And the tribe knew to run for safety when things get dicey. Their child though, still a stone, unmoving and still, couldn't exactly run away.

It's only means of defending itself were its parents.

"...." he went silent, understanding why Mihou was bringing this up with such insistence.

"You are lucky I was there to get them to safety." Liu'er sighed deeply, "You gotta be more aware of those around you or you're gonna hurt someone you don't mean to."

Impulsive and headstrong, the King frowned at the lecture. "Yeah yeah..." his voice got softer. "I won't do it again, promise." he turned a little, pressing his cheek to his moon's knee. "But I did good sending him away, didn't I?"

The soft glean of his eyes begging for praise was too much for the six-eared monkey to ignore. Both their mountain and their child were safe after all.

He rolled his eyes, a smile dancing across his face. Reaching down, he scratched Wukong below his chin. "You did good," he agreed. "Dumb monkey." A softness follows, concern settling in his features.

Wukong lifts his hand to hold Liu'er's chin. "What bothers you, Moon?"

"I don't deny you've sent away every foe that has come here, Wukong." Macaque leaned into his hand, stealing the King's fingers into his palm to hold. "I just worry about the effects this might have."

Wukong snorted, "What affects?" he crawled upward, pressing his hand to Liu'er's chest. Nudging him onto his back he enjoyed laying against his mate's chest, entangling their tails. A coy grin plastered on his face.

Liu'er's worry didn't go away. "Isn't it better to have allies then enemies?" he asked. "It's only the two of us to watch over this mountain. What if one day we both get caught up in something and- and we can't be there for the kid?" his eyes angled towards the top of the mountain.

Wukong found that funny. He hadn't seen a person alive that could defeat him or get close enough to Mihou to lay a finger on him. If that wasn't enough, the very notion that anyone would even get a glimpse of his child was laughable. It was rather adorable how concerned Mihou was about this. "Doubting me?" he asked slyly.

"No." Liu'er frowned, lower lip curling into the pout Wukong loved so much. "I just don't want you getting over your head."

Wukong wanted to roll his eyes and dismiss this concern. It was only when his mate cupped his face that he paused to... at least consider it. Only Liu'er ever made him second guess his decisions. If he truly felt somehow unsafe, then it was up to him to assure him.

By some chance, he actually had recently met someone who just might be the solution to Mihou's worries. "Actually... Remember that Lion I talked about before?" Wukong inquired, turning his head to kiss his mate's palms.

Liu'er frowned, glancing to the side to recall. "The one who tried to recruit you to his army?"

"Yeah, him. If allies is what you think I need-" he winked, "I think I found us one."

Liu'er sat up, inches from head butting Wukong, "Didn't that guy want to...To fight the Celestial realm?" he says incredulously. It was like putting out a fire with a bigger fire. They were just small annoyances to the other realms right now. Going to war was going to inspire a lot more eyes to turn their way.

Wukong held his hand, kissing his mate's fingers. With an innocent blink, he nodded. "Yup." A hefty smack followed. "Stop hitting me!" Wukong whined.