Chapter one.

Seoul,
South Korea

Jennie POV

  I walked in my biology class and my eyes widened from shock. On the board, there was barbie attached to ken. Somone made them hold their hands and they were naked, except for artificial leaves arranged in several strategic places. Above their heads there was a huge sighed written with pink chalk that said:

WELCOME TO HUMAN REPRODUCTION (SEX)

  Jisoo said to me: " Because of things like this the school doesn't allow phones with cameras on them. Pictures like this would be just enough of proof for school to cancel biology. And then we would be able to do something productive - like, go to one-on-one lessons with handsome guys from higher classes."

  "But Jisoo" ,I said ," I could swear that you waited for this lesson this whole semester."

  Jisoo lowered her eyelashes and smiled sheepishly. "On this lesson I wont kearn anything that I dont already know."

  "Jisoo? Sweet virgin?"

  "Not so loud." She winked at me just when the bell rang, so we sat on our seats, next to each other by our desk.

  The coach KimSeokJin (SORRY) took the whistle that was hanging around his neck and blew in it. "On your seats, guys!" The coach considered biology lessons secondary duty in relation to his job as coach of the school handball team And we all knew it.

  "Kids, maybe you didn't realize that sex is a little more than fifteen minutes in the backseat of a car. Its Science. And what is knowledge?"

  "Boredom", somone shouted from thr back of the class.

  "The only subject im failing" said somone else.

  The coaches eyes ran over  the first row and stopped on me. "Jennie?"

  "Discovering something" I said.

  He approached me and placed his finger on my desk. "And what else?"

  "We get knowledge while experimenting and observing ". Great. I sounded like I was in audition for audio version of the textbook.

  "With your words."

  I touched my upper lip with the tip of my tongue and tried to think of synonym. " science is investigation" ,said Jin, rubbing his palms. "Science wants us to become detectives."

  So worded, Science seemed kinda fun. But Jin taught me long enough to not get my hopes up too much.

  "good tracking takes a lot of practice", he continued.

  "Sex as well", comes another comment from back seats. everyone can swallow their laughter as Jin pointed a threatening finger at the culprit.

  "That won't be your homework for today." Jin turned his attention back to me. "Jennie, you are sitting with Jisoo from the beginning of this year." I nodded, but I had a bad feeling where it was going. " You word together on the school paper." I nodded again. " I bet you know alot about each other."

  Jisoo kicked my foot under the table. I knew what she thought of. That he didnt know how much we know about each other. And Im not only talking about the secrets I berry in my diary. Jisoo is my support. Brown eyed, Dark haired and few kilos skinnier than me. I am also brown eyed and brunette, but I have Wavey hair that cant be straighted even if I used the best hair straightener in the world. And I have kind of thick legs. But theres something that's connecting us; we both swear that relationship began long time before we were even born. And we both swear it will connect us our whole life.

  Coach looked around the class. "Actually, I bet you all know your seat partner very well. You choose those seats for a reason, right? Closeness. Unfortunately, the best detectives ovoid closeness. Dulls the protective instinct. Because of that from now on we have the new seating arrangement."

  I opened my mouth to protest, but Jisoo did before me. " What kind of nonsense is that? Its April. Actually, the end of the year us coming soon. You can't do this things now."

  Coach laughed softly. " I can do this kind if things until the end of the year. And if you fair my subject, you will sit here next year as well, and I will do them all over again."

  Jisoo frowned at him. She us famous for that angry look. Its a look that almost hisses. Obviously immune to him, the coach took the whistle with his mouth and we got the point.

  "Everyone that sit on the left side of the table -- your left side -- move one desk forward. You in the first row -- yes, Jisoo, you too -- go backwards."

  Jisoo packed her notebook in her backpack and pulled up the zipper. She bit her lip and wave at me as a goodbye. Then I slightly turned to see the classroom behind me. I knew all the names of my classmates.... except for one. The new one. Coach never called him, but it seemed that he was pleased about it. He said behind me, staring steadily with cold black eyes straight ahead. Like always. I didnt believe that he just sits, day after day, staring at nothing. Thinking about something, I had a feeling I probably dont want to know about what.

  He placed his biology textbook on the table and sat on Jisoo's seat. I smiled. "Hi. Im Jennie."

  He glared at me with his black eyes, and his lips slightly moved upwards. My heart skipped a beat, in that moment the feeling of darkness ran over me like a shadow. It disappeared immediately, but I kept staring at him. His smile wasn't friendly. It was a smile that  expressly heralded trouble. It promised them.