More Scarecrow (Gotham AU, p2)

[would you look at that, more Scarecrow!Marra] 

[TW: swearing, Riddler making a particularly bad pun]

 Marra figured this job wouldn't just be a side hobby, but they never predicted it would be this fun to be a criminal. Or that other villains would want to work with them, especially after eluding the Batman for more than a week (usually once that man set his sights on someone, they'd be in a cell by two days, max).

But here they were, at a bar, with Riddler, Two-Face, and a few goons. Planning a heist.

"For the last time Greenie, we don't need so many fucking riddles." Two-Face grumbled, tying back her hair.

Riddler mockingly repeated what she'd said, then sighed. "Do you want to work with me or not!"

"I want the traps, not all the questions!"

Okay, maybe not exactly what Marra expected. But nevertheless, he found the banter amusing.

"Tell you what: I'll do half the traps, ones without the riddles. Riddler, you get the other half to do your thing. That way you're happy, Two-Face doesn't kill you, and the Bat hopefully gets a bit confused." They pushed half the plans to a grinning Riddler, who nodded eagerly.

"See, Pearlie! That's how you negotiate!"

"I was a lawyer AND politician, I know how to compromise." Two-Face rolled her eyes. "But thanks for that, I don't know how else he'd shut up."

"Fuck you-"

Marra snorted and continued working, glancing at their hat on the table. People had been starting to call her the Scarecrow, and the fearful whispers on the street filled him with absolute fascination and glee. The rumors, growing wilder and farther from the truth, filled the news and the mutters around the streets. They varied from the Scarecrow being a demon, to a ghost of a mobster, to simply being a hoax.

Well, they had used a scarecrow as inspiration for the costume (which the odd tailor had improved significantly and repeatedly), so may as well stick with it.

"Hey, Raggity."

Marra paused for a moment before realizing Riddler likely meant him, and looked up. "Hm?"

"How do you fix a broken jack o' lantern?" Riddler smirked, leaning against his question-mark cane.

"Don't." Two-Face grumbled.

"... how?"

"A pumpkin patch."

Marra couldn't help but snicker as Pearl slammed her head against the table.

"I'm gonna take a wild guess that you're Tango Tek?"

Riddler's own laughter quickly turned into a startled choking noise, his head whipping towards Marra with wide eyes. "WHA-"

"We've met before." Scarecrow shrugged a little.

"Oh- Alright then-" The bit of nervousness Riddler now had was satisfying, but Marra did admittedly feel a little bad for the sudden name drop. But Pearl likely already knew as well, and Tango had been quite the blabbermouth in college (and still was).

Humming, Marra doodled a few costume designs on a spare sheet of paper. Maybe a pitchfork wasn't the best weapon, but then again, anything too heavy could make it harder to move...

Maybe a sickle? May as well keep with the scarecrow theme.

They didn't notice Riddler watching her anxiously.

'How did he know..? Who is this guy?' Tango scanned Scarecrow's mask, hoping they were too focused to notice him staring. He couldn't see any human features under the mask or through the eyes (those unnerving glowing eyes), or anything through rips of the costume. Still, something seemed familiar.

At least they laughed a bit at his joke/riddle. And appreciated his need to show his genius brain at work.

Zloy sighed, watching the Batmobile drive back into the Batcave (that felt ridiculous to just think: perhaps Robin shouldn't have been allowed to name everything).

"About time, Master Doc."

The car parked and the Batman leapt out of the driver's seat, pulling off his mask with a sigh. "Hey Zloy. How's your night been?"

"Nothing but waiting and cleaning, as per usual since you donned the cape and cowl." Zloy held back a small chuckle, walking over and checking to make sure Doc wasn't injured. "This is new, you're in one full piece."

"Thanks." Doc snorted, heading to the Batcomputer. "Speaking of new..."

He sat in his chair and started to type, and Zloy moved to watch him from behind.

"'Scarecrow'?" Zloy raised an eyebrow. "New costumed maniac?"

"Yup. Haven't met them yet, but there's some rumors about them."

"Yet another thing that's new."

----

Yay :D

So, Alfred!Zloy, Riddler!Tango, Two-Face!Pearl, and Batman!Doc have appeared! :3

Wonder who comes next... 

Hopefully, we can get some other stuff posted soon! Hope you enjoyed, and have a wonderful day, evening, and night! Bye <3

- CinnabonSys (is ready for Halloween already)