Possessed! Part One

Type: Short Story, and I've been booed!

Thanks to KitKatExists, AKA Kit! <3

I'll tag you in the comments because tagging people in the actual book NEVER WORKS- qwq

TW: None yet

Part One of Two!

Title: Possession!

Alex didn't think he was gonna get possessed today, yet here he was.

Let's rewind to way earlier that day, to late morning when the Voids were having an argument in their room.... Again.

"NO- Stop eating it!!" Alex scolded his (in his eyes, annoying) brother for downing yet another packet of hot sauce.

"Make me!" Already grabbing another one, Xisuma pulled down his mask, stuck out his tongue in retaliation, ripped open the packet, and put the opening in his mouth, glaring.

"My gods-! You're insufferable. That's it, I'm hiding every bit of hot sauce on this planet."

It took a few minutes before they noticed Wong awkwardly standing at the threshold of a portal near their bookcase, watching the two bicker back and forth about X's addiction until:

"Ahem."

The two Voids jolted and yelped with a start.

"GODS ABOVE-"

Alex's language wasn't as... clean as Xisuma's.

Wong chuckled in amusement at the bit of profanity. "You kiss your mother with that mouth?"

"Dude- What the honk- Do you not know how to knock..?" EX sighed with a "what the heck" look on his face. Luckily, the two had their masks on the whole time (minus when X kept slipping it down to... I guess drink- his hot sauce).

Xisuma, after calming his heart rate down, looked up at the older sorcerer. " You don't tend to come here for no reason- What's up?"

"What, can I not come to say hi?" Wong joked before his expression turned more serious. "But, I do come with a request for you two."

The teens sat down and looked at one of their old teachers expectantly.

"Go ahead, shoot."

"Hey, Cap, we're heading out."

The Voids, in full sorcerer gear under their baggy hoodies, went to say goodbye to Steve before they left. Which turned out to be a bad idea.

Looking up from his late breakfast/early lunch, Steve raised a curious eyebrow. "Where're you going?"

"Haunted place in Jersey. Strong magic spirit there that's been doing some nasty stuff to people." Alex said nonchalantly as he went to grab his helmet, just in case.

"By yourselves?"
Xisuma slowly nodded, hoping Steve wasn't going to-

"Sorry, but I'm gonna ask that you take one of the Avengers with you."

Of course Steve, being the (hypocritical-) protective dad he is, would ask them to have a chaperone (though, Alex tends to think that they act more as babysitters).

Backtracking, the white-haired Void looked Steve dead in the eye, confused. "Why?"

"Just in case, so you can stay safe."

"... we're fifteen, and we can literally make glowy weapons out of nothing-"

Mr Captain "I can do this all day" America, of course, didn't back down, repeatedly insisting that someone should go with them to keep them safe. Five minutes turned to ten, then to twenty, then... someone finally stepped in. By accident, of course.

"Hey, what's going on?" Tony asked as he stepped out of the elevator, looking back and forth between the frustrated Voids and exasperated Steve.

Both parties tried talking at once (the teenagers being much angrier and louder), the sheer volume from the two Voids making Tony take a small step back. 'Jeez, what did I just walk into-'

"Okay, one at a time... please."

After a deep breath, Xisuma (calmly) explained the situation while Alex (who was much less calm) was physically struggling to not intervene. Steve let them explain their side before explaining that he felt they needed supervision.

Shrugging, Tony simply stated: "Then I'll just go with them to the outside of the house, let them do their wizard-"

"Sorcerer-"

"-thing, bring them home, and we can move on with our lives. Easy, boom, done."

While Xisuma and Cap were almost immediately on board with this plan, it took the other Void sibling a while to calm down from his previous... uh... well, rage is the best way to put it. Although, after offering to get some Ben n' Jerry's afterwards, Tony was able to work his charm (AKA, bribery). Grumbling a bit about not needing to be babysitted, Alex finally agreed.

Because ice cream.

"A young child of... about thirteen, once lived in this house with their parents, who told them to never go into the basement at night. Naturally, they listen. Until one night, they got a little too curious. They went downstairs to the living room, when they heard a shriek from beyond the basement door only a few feet away. They went to open it, and-"

HOOOOOOONK.

Tony and Alex snorted as at least half the tour bus jumped at the sudden interruption from the tour guide's story, including Scar and Bdubs.

Yes, Scar and Bdubs were tagging along as well. Why? Because Bdubs heard "ghost" and instantly had to come.

Hand against his pumping heart, Scar wheezed for a few moments before talking through the beginning of laughter. "Oh gods- Why..??"

"Because it seems like people don't know how to drive." Alex said in amusement as he looked at the cars out the nearest window. Xisuma was silently staring at the ceiling, recounting how many spells he knew on this kind of paranormal activity.

Only a few minutes ago, the group of five (with Tony joining the Voids in wearing a facemask so he wouldn't get recognized) got tickets to a tour of the haunted home, both for more of a backstory of whichever spirit was haunting the place and to support a local business.

"Alright folks, we're here!" The tour guide spoke up, then started instructing everyone to get their bags, get out of the bus in single file, ect. Scar looked out the nearest window and gaped at the building, about ninety percent sure he'd already seen a ghost in the second story window. Maybe two seconds after he'd spotted something (or someone), it or they vanished like they were never there.

Scar swallowed down his already active anxiety. "Well, it definitely seems haunted..."

Ha... cliffhanger-

I hate reading them but love giving them. I'm a great human- Anyway, I hoped you all enjoyed part one of the Boo! Next part will come... sometime in November lol- Sorry for the inconsistent updates on everything, I've been going through a load of writer's block for a bit. My motivation is coming back though, so that's great! Hope you all have been taking care of yourselves, and that you have an amazin' day, evening, and night! <3

- CaptainMarra (is making a spoopy story!)