41 || Ready to go?

Start from the beginning

"Tu sei qualcos'altro interamente." (You're something else entirely)

"What does that mean?" I ask.

"It means there's no one quite like you. Sei straordinario." (You're extraordinary)

"There's no one quite like you either. Are we forgetting the fact this bedroom is literally hundreds of feet in the air? You're loaded." I think for a second. "Hey, you owe me 31 million."

"31? I recall offering you 30." He says.

"Oh yeah? Well I recall you saying you'd give me a million dollars if you liked my cupcakes. You lied to me then, you can't lie to me now."

"Well then, you know I'm telling the truth when I say that you can take all of my money and I wouldn't be mad." He states. He is in fact telling the truth.

"I'm only joking around, you don't owe me anything."

"Yes I do and I intend to pay it in full."

"Bla-" I start to protest and he puts a finger over my lips to shush me.

"We have a contract, remember? You can't go back on it now."

"This is not a normal thing to be arguing about." I state.

"I'm giving you the money there's no arguing to be done." He states.

"But-" This time he uses his lips to stop my talking.

♡♡♡

I wake up with a scream, my chest rising and falling at an uneven pace. I find myself sitting up before I even know what's happening.

"Cassie." I hear Blaine say through the darkness and my eyes snap to him. Without a second thought I hug him, seeking the comfort I know he can provide.

I had yet another nightmare.

It feels like I can't escape him. No matter what I do he's always there. It feels like this is never going to end. What he did to me plays in a constant loop around my head. How can someone that I one perceived as kind and thoughtful turn out to be so cruel and evil? He was supposed to be my friend. He knew me and yet he still acted heartless towards me.

I sob into Blaine's chest as he runs a soothing hand down my head of hair.

"Shh, you're ok." He says. "I've got you."

Through my crying, I faintly hear the bedroom door opening.

"Cassie?" Vincent says.

I don't have it in me to answer him.

"Is she ok?" Vincent asks Blaine who I feel shake his head.

I feel the bed dip beside me as Vincent sits down and he too wraps his arms around me.

"I know how you feel, you're not alone. What he did to me was nowhere near as bad but I still understand your pain." Vincent says.

"I just want everything to go back to normal is that too much to ask?" I say between sobs.

"It will. We're not going to let him ruin our lives, ok? You can get through this Cassie."

"Everything will get better, I promise." Blaine says, drawing patterns on my back.

"How can you be so sure?" I ask.

"Because you've survived so much, you're too stubborn to let some asshole win. That doesn't mean you're not alowed to feel sad or have nightmares about it, it just means that you're here and you're working on it. Don't let him take your hope away." Blaine says.