''Please, let me come.'' My voice was barely above a whisper, hoarse.

He chuckled as he dropped the whip. His hand was in my hair. Roughly, he tugged it and leaned closer to me. ''You want to come on my cock that badly?''

''Yes, please.''

He bit down on my shoulder yet again, though this time it wasn't as rough as the first time. I was covered in hickeys, bite marks and lines from the whip. And I loved what he did to my body, not caring if it left a permanent mark. Though, he would never actually go that hard.

''Then be a good girl and come for me, Freya.'' He whispered in my ear. It was all it took me to scream out as another intense orgasm slipped. It made my toes curl, especially since he waited for me to come before he filled me up. Feeling his cock twitch inside of me was something I adored. His soft moans as he slipped out, as he finished, made me want to jump his bones yet again.

But, I wasn't an actual animal. I needed to learn how to fucking control myself.

We took a shower together before going to the beach. We brought a bottle of wine, and it became our night-time routine. Though, we were being careful on how much we were drinking.

''Is Cora visiting tomorrow?'' Elijah questioned.

''She'll stay with me while you're in London. Tessa promised to visit, too.''

''That's a relief,'' he sighed. ''I don't want you alone.''

As much as these trips were taking a toll on Elijah, he truly loved what he was doing, and it was all that mattered. In the end, it was all paying off. His business was the best it's ever been, and he's happy. However, I got sick and tired of following him like a lost puppy. More often than not, I was distracting him from working, and I decided to pause on following him.

This time, he was leaving for two weeks, and I planned on spending the second week in New York.

And I needed sometime away from him, because there was this gut feeling that just wasn't going away.''

''Don't be a pussy. Check it.''

My hands were trembling. ''I can't, Cora.''

Her eyes rolled to the back of her head. ''Do you want me to check it?''

I didn't respond. She started walking, but I grabbed her palm and pulled her back. ''Wait, I need some time.''

''This is like a band-aid. You need to pull it off.''

I groaned, anxiety crept up my neck. ''Fine, you look then.''

Cora was quick. She walked over to the counter, remained quiet for a few moments and then turned around. I couldn't read her expression, as it remained blank. As if noticing the immense need for the answer, she sighed.

''Congratulations. It's positive.''

''Ah, shit.''

I took out the implant a few weeks ago. Instead of getting a new one immediately, my doctor suggested going on the pill for a while. And because I wasn't used to the pill, I managed to forget to take them for four days before remembering, but by that time it was too late. My period was a whole ass month late, and that never happened.

''Did you two never have the talk about kids?''

I shook my head. ''No. Honestly, I didn't want kids, and he never seemed interested in that, either. This was definitely not planned, not this early.''

She snorted. ''What do you mean, early? That man is in his forties, and you're almost thirty.''

Cora was right. But since Elijah never expressed the desire to have kids, even if I were to give birth to this one, he would never oppose it, simply because it would make me unhappy for him to say something negative about the situation.

And I absolutely did not want to coerce him into having a child he didn't want. Hell, I was unsure what I wanted.

''I don't know.'' I groaned, placing my head in my hands. ''This is definitely not on my yearly agenda.''

''All right, let's not panic,'' Cora clapped her hands. ''I'll schedule an appointment for you and you can go from there. But, irrelevant of your decision, you do need to tell Elijah.''

''Who do you take me for? Of course we'll tell him.'' I threw the bone. She didn't take it.

''Oh, no, no, no, missy. There's no we in this situation. Your husband, your womb, you figure it out. I can, however, offer you my full support in whichever direction you two decide to go with.''

I started cussing her and she ignored me. True to her word, she scheduled an appointment for the very next day, which I was dreading.

The doctor was so kind, and I found out that I was in the very early stages of pregnancy. She ran a few tests to make sure everything was okay, and since it was a private clinic, they worked quickly. I had the results before noon, and everything was fine. We were both healthy.

Soon enough, I was back at the island, and Elijah came back. I was terrified of the conversation that was bound to happen.

I postponed it for a week and a half. Cora was literally threatening me into telling him, otherwise she would. It didn't work, and she dropped it. But, if anything, I was just scared of Elijah not wanting the baby. For whatever reason, I wanted it. I wouldn't say it was love, since I never met the kid, but I definitely wanted to meet the kid.

''Are you going to tell me or do I have to pull your tongue?''

''What?'' I smiled.

We were eating breakfast that Elijah cooked. Though, I was toying with the food more than I was eating it. I was preoccupied with my thoughts, and realized too late that I was giving him one worded responses, which wasn't the goal.

''You've been acting weird, lately. What's wrong?''

I couldn't meet his gaze. My hands were trembling as I put down the fork and started playing with my fingers on my lap. Just rip the damn band-aid off, Freya.

I took a deep breath, voice shaky.

''I'm pregnant.''