Sixteen

this chapter might not be for everyone but sure as hell is for me. enjoy!

''DON'T MOVE'' Cora threatened, ''I'll poke out your eyeball if you continue to squirm

''DON'T MOVE'' Cora threatened, ''I'll poke out your eyeball if you continue to squirm.''

I sighed as she returned the small eyeliner brush on my eyelid. She moved her hand, and in one, swift motion, the cat eye look was complete.

Cora was the one I called when I needed help deciding on what to wear during this event, and the only person I trusted to do my makeup the way I liked it.

The last thing she did before I was done was apply some individual, false eyelashes on the outer corner of my eyes and some lipstick. We wanted to go bold, so she ended up putting on a gorgeous shade of red all over my lips.

The moment Cora heard that I was given a Valentino dress, she was over the moon and insisted on wearing that one, and she took my Louboutin black heels to match the dress.

Elijah was very persuasive of me to get ready at his apartment. I was unsure as to why he was so adamant to have me dress there, but he only told me it would be more convenient and that he wouldn't be there to bother me until I was ready.

Cora was there for about an hour. It took her thirty minutes to do my makeup, and she spent the other half an hour snooping through his place.

It was funny seeing the disappointment on her face as she came up empty. Nothing juicy to be found or seen.

''You look absolutely stunning, Freya.'' Cora complimented me as she took a step back. A proud look was on her face while she admired her work of art.

I smiled in response and stood up, walking over to the mirror that Elijah had in his room.

I did look pretty.

The dress was short, reaching just above my knees. It hugged my curves perfectly and it wasn't the kind of fabric you could wear underwear with, so it was me going commando, again. The upper part of the dress was off shoulders, with black feathers decorating it.

From google, I saw that the dress was worth seven thousand dollars. Elijah was definitely insane when it came to giving me gifts.

''Okay, do you remember what I told you?'' Cora asked as she approached me. I styled my hair in loose waves, and the hair fell down my back.

Thanks to all of the products that I used, it was shiny, silky and soft. Definitely it was one of my stronger features tonight.

I shook my head, ''Honestly, no.''

Cora's hand went to my hair to fix one of the fallen strands and she smiled, ''Be smart. Hold your head high and try to make some friends.''

My mouth dropped and she continued, ''I love you, truly, but you only have Luka and me. Erin and Sophie are somewhere there too, but you need more friends.''