One

❝𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒃𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔❞

  ❝𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒃𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔❞

WHISPERS and murmurs filled the office as I passed by. Although the specific rumors that were being discussed weren't about me, it was still rather bothersome and unprofessional to talk shit about your boss during work hours. At least talk shit about him behind his back, like the rest of us did.

I didn't have to stop and listen about the mess that our boss got himself into. I didn't care, because at the end of the day, his secretaries, including myself, would be the ones cleaning up behind him.

''Good morning, Freya.''

The only secretary that I liked, Ellie Summers, greeted me with a cup of freshly prepared coffee.

''Good morning, miss Summers.''

With a smile of gratitude, I accepted the beverage as we both made our way towards the top floor of the building.

The elevator was cramped, as it usually was at this time. Ellie and I stood at the farthest corner of the elevator. It seemed as if eternity had passed before the crowd had disappeared and we'd reached our destination.

''Did you hear?'' Ellie questioned as soon as we were out of the hearing range of curious ears. A small sigh slipped past my lips before I groaned.

''People weren't too shy about running their mouths. I'm not sure exactly what it was about, but I'm sure I'll find out because it will probably be dumped on me to clean up the mess.''

Ellie laughed as we reached our desks, ''Yes, but this time it's actually juicy.''

My brow rose, ''Do tell, then.''

''You know how the president is pushing Mr. Vaughn to get married? Well, he arranged a date dinner between him and Alissa Doyle, the heir of Doyle Entertainment. It was a big deal when Mr. Vaughn finally agreed to that date. And you were the one who made the arrangements.''

''Oh, she's really pretty!'' I exclaimed before getting my mind back on track, ignoring the last part of her sentence. Sometimes, I was forced to work overtime and my memory became horrible.

''But why is that such a big deal? Business marriages aren't new and they certainly aren't uncommon in this industry.''

Ellie chuckled, ''Yes, but the problem was... Mr. Vaughn showed up with another woman on his arm... On his date.''

I laughed way too loudly. The other secretaries threw a nasty glance in my direction, which I chose to ignore. Sometimes, they acted as if it was the library we were in and every tiny sound that Ellie and I'd make would grant us the privilege of being scolded by our seniors.

''I'm not sure if he has a lot of guts or lacks brain cells because this date was already publicly known a month prior. He just keeps making mess after mess.''