3.69 - He Only Wants A Hug From Her - Downfall of Humanity

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, Ziek trailed after Bing Shi's departing figure, his curiosity piqued. "I only want a hug from you," he admitted, a genuine desire underlying his words.

"Why a hug specifically? Why not something else?" Bing Shi's curiosity prompted her to question.

As the animated gif continued to loop on his phone's screen, Ziek's gaze remained fixed, "I have to start small before going big," he explained, a playful hint in his voice.

"What's your big?" Bing Shi's chuckles danced in the air.

A wistful smile tugged at the corners of Ziek's lips as he contemplated his response. "I'll tell you for a hug," he proposed, his grip on the phone tightening.

"That would be considered cheating." Bing Shi swore to God. If this was not the reincarnation of Xuan Mu, she didn't know what was.

"Cheating?" Ziek raised his gaze, a touch of nostalgia mingling with the mistiness in his eyes. He leaned into the memory, his voice softening, "Before he passed away, he broke up with you. Technically, you don't have a boyfriend."

"Wh...No." Bing Shi's voice quivered, her emotional turmoil evident. Struggling to catch her breath, she directed her anguished words toward the slumbering consciousness inside Ziek.

Her emotions overflowed, and her voice became a desperate shout, "I hate you! Do you hear me?! I hate you so much! Why are you doing this to me?!" With a heavy heart, she closed the door to her tent, her legs faltering beneath her. Collapsing onto the ground, tears streamed down her cheeks uncontrollably.

On the other side of the barrier, Ziek's composure wavered, his emotions mirroring the turmoil within Bing Shi. His forehead pressed against the invisible wall between them. He clutched his chest as though physically trying to keep his heart from shattering.

Tears welled in his eyes as he saw the image of a broken girl before him—a girl who had screamed in agony beside his lifeless body, resisting and getting into a fight with anyone who dared to approach them. The memories of his past life surged forth, overwhelming him with their intensity, "...Bing...Shi..."

His voice trembled, a mixture of pain and regret escaping his lips, "...My... Bing Shi...Argghh...!" This was his first time seeing her in his past life, and the pain of witnessing her suffering was like reopening a deep wound that had never fully healed.

"GO AWAY!" Bing Shi clamped her hands over her ears, a whirlwind of overwhelming emotions spiraling within her. Countless worries and troubles resurfaced, inundating her mind with their weight, "GO AWAY! GO AWAAY!!!"

Kuro watched Bing Shi in confusion.

[Host what happened?]

However, Bing Shi remained unresponsive, her grip on her head growing more intense as if she could physically ward off the tumult inside her.

A group of soldiers passing by exchanged worried glances as they witnessed Bing Shi dart into her tent, and Ren Han, concealed beneath his hoodie, collapsing to his knees outside her door. They couldn't see his face, but his clenched chest and pained demeanor raised immediate concern.

Hastening towards him, they questioned, "What's wrong?" Sensing the impending danger, they ascended into the air to assess the situation, only to find the ground and air warping around Ren Han. Their attempts to approach him were met with an unseen force, pushing them back—a force wielded unknowingly by Bing Shi, trying to shield herself from a potential threat.

Their concern deepened as they were rendered helpless, "Get General Yi Zen! Bing Shi might be in danger!"

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·