3.12 - Becoming Siblings- Downfall of Humanity

Bing Shi carefully observed the man's scarred upper lip and smaller scars on his chin, which gave him a rough and tough appearance. She hid his unruly finger with her thumb and studied the way he ate the lemon as if it was the tastiest candy in the world, her eyes filled with melancholy.

While browsing through Ren Han's database, Bing Shi made an intriguing discovery. Ren Han, a twenty-nine-year-old man from a prominent family, had chosen to join the SWAT team instead of following his father's footsteps. Unfortunately, his career was cut short by a car accident that left him in a coma for ten months. Coincidentally, this accident happened to occur on the same day that she arrived in this world.

(Bing Shi): Too shy to show your face?

(Ren Han): Asked the shiest one.

He implored how she wore a mask to hide her face.

(Bing Shi): Do you want to continue chatting?

(Ren Han): Fūck, no.

(Bing Shi): Why?

(Ren Han): Not interested in used goods.

He was not interested in girls who were in a relationship.

(Bing Shi): Hypothetically, what if you were my boyfriend who lost his memories?

(Ren Han): I don't do hypotheticals. I deal with reality. And in this fucking reality, I'm not anyone's boyfriend.

(Bing Shi): Fair enough. Just so we're on the same page, I'm not single and not looking to mingle. Sorry if it came off as if I was interested in you in any way. I just want to make it clear that I'm not.

(Ren Han): Just to be clear too, fūck you and your search. You're wasting everyone's time, including mine. So do us all a fucking favor and move on from your fucking boyfriend.

Ren Han threw the phone at his colleague and left the office. He ran his fingers over his face, recalling the days when girls would gather around him, drawn in by his looks alone.

He had momentarily thought that Bing Shi was showing interest in him but quickly brushed off the idea. He was just another person caught up in this pointless search, nothing more.

Bing Shi rubbed her heart in discomfort. The first time she found someone who enjoyed sour food the same way Xuan Mu did. And the most wonderful part was... the rejection.

'I don't mind curses and hate words from the citizens...but this man is another league... Ouch...'

After finishing her breakfast, she sat in front of the computer and typed down the military base address into a tracking software. All nearby cameras around the base appeared on the computer screen.

'I despise this stalking job sooo muuuch.'

· · ────────── · ⊱❈⊰· ────────── · ·

Yi Zen sat behind his desk, his clean uniform crisp against his skin, as he prepared instructions for an upcoming mission. His attention was drawn away by a notification on his phone.

Without bothering to check it, he picked up his phone and made his way over to the open window. Standing against the frame, he reached into his inner pocket and produced a packet of cigarettes, lighting one up and taking a drag. As he exhaled, the wind carried the smoke out the window.

He turned his attention back to his phone, knowing that if he wanted to message Bing Shi, he would have to wait until the designated time between 8 AM to 9 AM, or else face an error message.

Meanwhile, Bing Shi observed the handsome man through the front camera, curious about his expression and what thoughts may be going through his mind.

'What's wrong with this man, does he have facial paralysis?'