1.08 - Rumors - Crimson Academy

╔═══ Author's note ════╗

Edited by Psycho S

Proofreaded by P.D Webb.

╚═════════════════╝

["System, I'm a bit worried about our heroine and not to mention...This Xavier is a bit strange...ha...ha.."]

[Why? Wasn't it you who bullied him into isolation?]

["Yeah, that's the point. I hate bullying... Even if, technically, this isn't bullying..."]

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

When the bickering duo returned, everyone looked in their direction curiously, a few odd looks given by some.

Mark and the blushing Grace walked towards the stunned Alisa. Grace was still hesitating on what to say, but Mark nudged her shoulder, telling her not to run away.

"I'm Sorry, but it's not my fault that he was checking you out," Grace apologized and not forgetting to blame Mark at all.

"Grace!" Mark couldn't help but laugh and scold her at the same time since Grace apologizing was such a rare scene.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to kick your chair. I should've kicked his chair instead!'' Grace continued to apologize. 'And Xavier's too!' she thought as she kicked Mark's chair.

"..." The whole class went silent.

"Well, it's okay! That was nothing," chuckled Alisa as she offered Grace a slight smile. 'Miss Olivia's sister is so cute,' she thought.

"Are you two finished?!" a yell could be heard from their homeroom teacher, "Mr. Mark Foster and Ms. Grace Bacchus, prepare for detention! After class, stay back to write an apology letter!" warned their teacher with a raised voice. She was going insane because of those two! Rich kids were so infuriating! She would've quit if the pay wasn't so good... She was only upset that she couldn't properly punish these troublemakers because of their family history!

The homeroom teacher sighed then continued to speak to the rest of the class with a sweeter, more calm tone, "I have a task and that's to assign a new vice president for the student council. Miss Alisa Charles was chosen since she is ranked second overall in class, with the first being Mr. Xavier Dalton. After class, both of you follow me to the council for more information."

Mark glanced at Xavier. After that 'kiss incident' with Grace, he became more estranged with Xavier. Xavier never considered him as a friend... He was the only one trying to keep their friendship from falling apart but alas, all of his efforts were for nothing. It's been a long time since he last talked to Xavier. Maybe they should have a long chat later to clear up the misunderstandings? But talking with Xavier was a bit... How would he describe it?

Taxing...

Students started to whisper among themselves: "Second rank?", "That student who was kicked by Grace?", "She'll be working with Xavier!", "She is so lucky!", "She better not seduce our Xavier!", "I heard she is a commoner and her family went bankrupt!", "But someone paid for her debts... Haha, maybe she has a sugar daddy!", "Is she a kept mistress?!", "I heard her sugar daddy is some underworld boss!"

The more someone listened to the rumours, the more absurd they'd become.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

"What about a sugar mommy?" Bing Shi chatted with her female classmates, who surrounded her table, "Did you see her limited school backpack? I can't imagine a man picking up such a beautiful baby."