Chapter 3.2

Sae: So, let's explain the additional rules.

Ike: Additional rules? Is there still more?

Sae: In short, you will be granted permission to roam freely, but several sites will be designated in each part of the island. These sites will be referred to simply as "Possession Rights," and the class that possesses them will have the right to exercise their rights there. How to use them is up to the class that obtains that right. However, the possession right is valid for only 8 hours from the moment it takes effect, after which the right is automatically revoked. This means that each time, you gain the right to acquire another class. And you can earn a bonus point each time you occupy a place once. Still, this single point is provisional and cannot be used during the test. Therefore, it will only be placed and added at the end of the exam. Because the school constantly monitors the situation, there's no room for fraud regarding this rule. It's better to pay attention to this last point.

Ike: Well then, isn't that important? It's fantastic to get to the site. Let's keep it all to ourselves!!!

Sooner than later, Ike started asking Yamauchi and others to go scout.

This is also written in the manual in great detail. And various devices indicating possession rights were always prepared near the sites.

Sae: I understand you're impatient, but this rule carries a great risk. It's about utilizing that risk, taking it into consideration, and verifying it. Everything is written in the manual, including that risk.

As suggested by Chabashira-sensei, the manual was written to clarify the special rules and additional rules, all organized in bullet points.

- An exclusive identification card is required to occupy a site.
- You will earn 1 point for each occupation. Occupied sites can be used freely.
- If you use a site occupied by another class without permission, you'll receive a penalty of 50 points.
- The use of identification cards is restricted to those who become leaders.
- Leaders cannot be changed without justified reasons.

On the seventh and final day, during roll call, you have the right to guess another class's leader. Additionally, classes whose leader is discovered will lose all extra points accumulated up to that point.

Sae: Without exception, all of you will decide on a person who will be the leader. However, you have the freedom to participate or not. If you're not greedy and ambitious, you won't be recognized as a leader and will probably end quickly. When the leader is decided, please report it. We will provide an identification card stamped with the leader's name. You have a time limit, until today's roll call. If it's not decided by that time, we will decide at our own discretion. That's all.

Hirata: There will be time later to think about who to choose as a leader. But first, where should we set up the base camp? Whether it's on the beach or in the forest... we must think carefully about the location.

Attached to the manual was a simple map of the island. Only the size and shape of the island were shown.

Ike: It's good to have a place near the ship where all the teachers are, right?

Hirata: No, don't be too sure. As I assume, there are few places, so you won't find anything nearby. If there's no water, there's no food either. Building a base here means it might end up being the farthest position from where we'll obtain resources. To make matters worse, during the day, the sunlight is very strong and the environment is harsh. On the other hand, there also seems to be a risk of going too deep into the forest.

Sudou: More importantly, I need a bathroom. I can't hold it any longer.

Sudou took the simplified toilet assembled by Chabashira-sensei. We set up the tent, placed it a short distance away, and then went inside. Shinohara and others were watching the situation while sitting closely together. Chabashira-sensei took a step back. She probably won't participate in this anymore, and now we can do whatever we want.