"Why would you send money to your mother?" He asked me genuinely confused, dipped his head back on the equation.

"The house works on the money I used to earn from the brothel," I told him honestly, and he raised his eyes at me.
"Your family knew-"

"No, Murshad married me to my first husband because he promised he would send him money every month. Even my husband died, and I was married to his uncle, who sold me to the brothel, to fulfil the need for money whatever I earned from the brothel I sent to them," I explained to him, and carefully heard me.

"So, this money you want to send? Is that from your brothel days?" he asked unsure of himself if it was a sensitive question, I could see him fighting if he should have asked me or not.

"No, Daiwik gave me money, I saved some. I have that," I told him he looked at the paper but did not solve it and was frozen,

Looking up, "Daiwik knows about this?" He asked me. A question I couldn't bring myself to answer, I shook my head in response.

"If you needed money to send your mother. You should have asked him rather than saving what he gave you, he wouldn't like it, if he found out." I nodded in response. I was well aware of that.

Daiwik had always been open about providing me, with whatever he has, and it's more than I can even dream of. He has done things not even in my wildest dreams someone had done for me, he would be hurt if he found out.

Maybe I should just ask him?

Dev kept the book down, I looked at the answer and it was what was given in the answer sheet. His method was all right, clean.

"Come on, I'll take you home first," He said and then started walking outside. I got on my feet taking my dupatta I followed him behind.

He sat down on his as it says in front, Royal Enfield bike he brought me on last time. And I sat behind him, "I am sorry about last night," Now that I was not facing him. I felt like apologizing to him. And I can feel his tight jaw.

"You are like a sister to me now. So I would appreciate, it if you are not making a fool of yourself on an open veranda where hundred eyes can see you." Being around Devakshaya, I have come to acknowledge that he is highly protective towards his sister and that he counts me as one. I understand where his concerns come from.

"Funny, you want to shield me now, You really said I have a girl tied on my bed right now, I can join her if I want to at the beginning when you met me." As soon as I mentioned those things his grip on the clutch tightened, turning his knuckles white.

"A man who is evil himself tries to protect things he loves because he thinks everything is as evil as him. I know I am a fucker! And that is why I want to protect you and Divya." he says his voice harshly audible with the roaring sound of his bikes.

He drops me at home, opening the door with a key. As I entered inside, the entire house was still in the same state as I left it, everything was broken and shattered, and things were thrown here and there. He did not clean it?

But the closer I got, I witnessed that more things were broken, than what I left with. The entire kitchen was put upside down. Our room was a mess, he must have had another breakdown after I left him that night.

I felt bad, I stepped into his room, looking at the cabinets till not at their place from the night I shrugged them away. And lay down my phone, on the floor. I picked it up and went over to the shelf taking out the clothes and some things I needed,  the money I had saved last time.

I walked out towards Dev, who was waiting outside the door. He saw the bag and taking it from my hand he sat and waited for me to climb up. He drove me to the bank, I took the collective money out from the handmade purse I bought last time. And extended towards Dev, he blinked. "I will tell you the account number, you can carry out the procedure, right? Since it's your bank," I said but he was astounded. Surprise.