Lucy/Tim

Tim

I reach for the call button for the nurse and go back to cuddling Tim. I will tell the others but I just need a moment with him without worry, saddness or anything like it, just bliss.

When the doctor arrives, I leave the room and walk in yhe waiting room where I find our family: Sgt Grey,Luna and  Harper, James, the 2 girls and Lopez, Wesley, Jack, the newborn and Nolan, Bailey, Tamara, Aaron, Juarez, Tim's sister and nephew
either sleeping or reading.
When they see me they all stand up.

"He's awake and aware. He is going to be just fine according to the doctors." I say. Everyone sighs relieved and follows me to the room where one by one go up to Tim and express their happiness for him to be alive in the moment.

It's really touching.

For here and maybe only I and Lopez maybe can see it: Tim's eyes started to water. After his abusive father, he finally understands that he does in fact has a family and that we love him unconditionally.

Tim

Eventually, everyone leaves and Lucy climbs back on my bed and I just hold there.
I just hold her after months of dreaming of it which reminds me:

"I thought you weren't coming for another 2 months"
"Yeah, well the handsome idiot whom I love got shot and was in critical condition so I pulled the plug on the op"

I am speechless. She really did that for me. She loves UC work. Some part of me knew that she would come home if I got hurt and I didn't think that she would pull the plug on an op this important. If she didn't, she could bee  recognize for how good she is in UC. Not even Isabel did that for me. She would've made sure that I was okay than disappeared for the rest of the op.
But she let it go for me... Wow

"You didn't have to do that"
"I know but I wanted to. Plus I wasn't lying when I said that you are more important than being a UC. It was a no brainer"
"I love you and I missed you so much."
I kiss her deeply with smiling and pulling out.

"Also if I knew that getting shot would have brought you home faster then I would have done it ages ago"
She laughs. Her laugh... I missed it. It lights up a room. I am so happy that she's mine.
"That's cute but don't you dare do that or I'll... I'll... Nvm I love you too. Missed you more" she says smirkingly
"Not possible"
"Fine, let's make in a competition"
"Oh you are on boot" I says smirking "and is that my shirt, you stole it again. And explain how it looks better on you than it does on me" I pout and cross my arms
She just laughs...