"Just leave us alone." Was the last thing I said before packing my things and left this suffocating household.

Yuna POV

I was in the room studying for my final business paper when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in." I answered, my vision stuck onto my screen to make sure I memorise the content correctly.

"Hey." Jungkook called out, taking the seat on the side of my bed, looking at me.

"You are back pretty late today." I commented, "Too much work in the office?" Taking a break from my notes, I swivelled my chair to face him as he sounded different when he called me. He sounded like... he was bothered by something.

"Nope, just went home to pack some necessities." He answered shortly, reaching out his hands, pulling my chair closer to him. He stared at me, not uttering a word, which got me a little nervous. What is he up to? I bit my lower lip, starting to frown a little as my eyes twirled around to avoid his intense eye contact.

"You don't have anything to tell me?" He suddenly spoke up, tapping my right cheek to make me look at him. I blinked twice, trying to recall if something special happened today.

"Hmm... quite a bit of things happened indeed." I nodded slowly, flashing back on the happenings in the orphanage. "You remember the cute four-year-old girl named Joohee? She was sick today, so I had to rush her to the emergency unit to get her cured. Luckily, she wasn't heavily ill..."

"Hey, Yuna." Jungkook cut me, holding onto my hands tightly. It has been long since he had called my name seriously like this. "I would love to hear you share about your stories in the orphanage. But let's put that aside for now."

"Wae, Jungkook? Did something happen? Why are you being so tensed up all of a sudden?" I couldn't hold in my curiosity as I leaned forward, trying to read something from his expression.

"Answer me, Yuna. Why did you start studying business out of the blue?" he asked as I silently inhaled sharply, trying to compose myself. "Err... it's just that..."

"Remember I taught you," he cut me again. "Look at me in the eye if you want to lie to me." I realised I was blinking too much when I was trying to think of an excuse.

I gave up and sighed deeply. "Initially, it's because I want to slot myself into your world." I answered frankly. This time round, looking straight at him. "I know we always thought that it wasn't a problem that we are not in the same industry. I believe and thought so too until — "

"Until my dad approached you." He continued the sentence for me, which left me in astonishment. How did he know about this? Sometimes, I should really learn how to control my facial expressions.

"I knew it from my dad. How come didn't I hear a word from you, Yuna?"

"You were in Chicago, and I thought I shouldn't be adding more burden on you..." I mumbled softly.

"Look at me, Yuna." He lifted my chin to make me face him. "I don't want you to go through my father's interference alone. I told you; I am going to protect and love you. I don't need you to study whatever business and accounting so that you can fit into my world. I didn't date you to assist me, my dear. Don't drain out yourself on this. My world is not only about my career, Yuna. Now, my world already has you. You are already in my world, my darling." He wrapped his hands around my cheeks, staring at me sincerely as he planted a soft kiss on my forehead.

He caressed my cheeks gently with his thumb and finally broke into a small smile as his dimples showed faintly. "But you did so well, girl. My dad said you rebutted back at him. That's my girl."

With that, he leaned in to kiss on my lips. A tear slipped off my closed eyes as I could feel his warm breath on my cheek. It was a tear of mixed feelings; all the fatigue that I was feeling all these whiles, all the doubtful moments I had about myself, and lastly, the comfort and assurance that Jungkook gave me. It was as if, he wrapped my cold heart up with a wool blanket, carefully placing it beside his, so that we could pump right next to each other. That feeling of being protected and responsible for. The feeling that you know he is always right there beside you. I knew it, I knew my decision wasn't wrong.

Author POV

"Congratulations, I know my girl is smart and capable." Jungkook stared at the business accounting certificate handed over by Yuna. Yes, Yuna still went on to study and sit for the examinations since she is already halfway into the curriculum. She didn't do it purely just to fit into Jungkook's career, but also for herself. It's never harmful to learn another skill of knowledge although she is not entirely interested still. It might come in handy in the future. Of course, Jungkook supported her whole-heartedly.

"How are you ganna reward me?" Yuna leaned on the tabletop, her hands supporting her cheeks, raising one of her brows.

"It was your own will to study." Jungkook put down the certificate, giving his girlfriend a funny laugh. "Not ganna pay for that." He joked, pushing the paper back to the girl in front of him.

"Stingy CEO." Yuna scoffed in a "disgusted" look, shaking her head. "a business man, indeed." She stuck her tongue out, snatching the certificate on the table and stomping past her boyfriend.

Jungkook couldn't help but laugh at her childish reaction, pulling her back, circling his hands around her petite waist. "I can be generous in bed." He teased, snuggling his face into Yuna's nape.

She tried to struggle but was of no use. "Alright alright. Let's go on a date tonight? It has been long since we went on one." Jungkook gave in and suggested, turning Yuna around.

"You are paying!" she exclaimed, showing off her certificate once again. He flashed an affectionate smile, thinking about the thought that would flash through his mind a million times a day; why is his girlfriend so damn adorable? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A quick and short update! Has been really busy with work but still not giving up to try to write and update!

Hope this isn't too boring!

Credits to owner.