Chapter 6 - Robert's Birthday

Hello everyone! I apologize for the long delay, but I am ready with the chapter. I had wanted to complete this season before publishing the chapter which I had done.

I am at the beginning of writing season 5 which I am enjoying so much. I had contemplated on how to end this season and I hope everyone will enjoy reading it when we reach the end. Now I will be publishing one chapter per month and start season 5 within January (New year with a new season)

I am not sure if I want to write the movies but let me know if you would like me to.

Anyways, Please leave a comment! I love hearing from my readers :)

Vote and add the story to your libraries!

X

Robert's Birthday

Early July 1922. The weather was improving and the heat had made it's way to Downton. Summer had arrived early in Yorkshire. Emma switched from long dresses to light flowy dresses and staying more indoors due to the heat.

It was morning when Rita seemed to be in higher spirits and Emma noticed she had skip in her steps and looking chirpier than a few weeks ago.

'You look happier, I take it you are feeling better, Rita?' Emma said, glancing over at Rita who smiled a little.

'I am. Anna is also feeling better and she has moved back to the cottage.' Rita said, fastening Emma's sea green foam dress.

'Oh, I am pleased to hear that.' Emma smiled. 'I think whatever was going on is in the past, isn't that right?'

'It is, my lady.'

Emma nodded and Rita handed Emma her white mesh scarf.

'Well, I better go downstairs.'

Emma swiftly walked down the staircase where she saw Carson holding a small silver tray. Carson glanced and her and held his head high.

'This has arrived for you, my lady.'

Emma glanced down to see a single envelope and took it and the paper knife and unsealed the letter.

'Thank you, Carson.'

Carson nodded and went back into the Breakfast Room.

Emma unfolded the letter to see it was from Jack Branston. Emma folded the letter, not eager to read it, and entered the Breakfast Room.

'Nothing for me?' Edith asked.

'Afraid not.' Robert replied.

Emma looked over at Edith saw her despondent expression, she quickly helped herself to some bacon, fried eggs, tomatoes and toast before sitting down in between Edith and her Papa.