Chapter 1 - Broken

Alright, here as promised, chapter 1. Now I should warn everyone that there is mentions of suicide, decipication of self harm in this chapter! It is a dark chapter! You all have been warned.

The answers you had been waiting for is here. I hope you all won't hate me for what I have written.

if there something missing, I will edit this chapter. It isn't perfect, but it was better than my previous draft and I tried to make it detailed as I can.

Don't forget to comment on what you think. I am open to all comments and constructive criticism and ideas for this story.

February 1922

February 1922. A young woman aged twenty-nine had woken up in her cold room. Chills had spread throughout her body and felt a wave of coldness wash over her as she remembered where she was. The young woman sat up and glanced at her sheen sheet of sweat and she felt her clothes sticking to her like second skin. Emma glanced at the empty side of her bed and realised it had been nothing but an invisible phantom.

She stood up and walked over to the bedpost where she had taken off her black silk gown and she placed it around her. It didn't comfort her nor did it make her feel any warmer. Instead, there was a feeling of being absent in the present times... that no one had known what the young woman was feeling, nor what she was going through.

It had been six months since that ill-fated accident and Emma felt like it been yesterday. It was on that day that she felt like she was on top of the world when she had realised how lucky she was and how quickly everything transpired. She was married and she had two children, and one more on the way.

Emma placed her hand on her flat stomach and she walked over to the window where there was a heavy fog and the dawn had arrived. There was a sense of chill that seemed to never left since that fated day where she had lost two people in her life.

Emma didn't remember much about the accident, only the violent movement of the car and the feeling of pure terror when she realised what was about to happen.

That was the day she was broken.

Now there was a shell of a woman who mourned endlessly for Emma had wished it had never had happened. She wished she was living in that moment where she had a choice to never had accepted Matthew's offer.

Otherwise James and her baby would be alive.

Emma glanced down to look at her wedding photograph and she saw two people looking very happy and she wandered where that Emma was gone...maybe she had died with James in the car accident...

Emma had wondered what would've happened if James and her unborn child were alive. She would've given birth and be a mother of three...

But it would never happen now.