Lost Forest

*╔═══❖•ೋ° °ೋ•❖═══╗*

 How was I even still alive? This is the sole thought running in my head like a broken disk

... How was I even still alive? This is the sole thought running in my head like a broken disk. And yet my presence here was the proof I indeed was still in possession of my life. But my brain has been on a constant blue screen since last night, and even now in the morning, I couldn't even enjoy my breakfast, my gaze fixed on nothing. The doctor who was silently watching me until now in silence finally spoke up after putting down his cup of tea.

" Your Highness is abnormally quiet today. What could possibly be on your mind? Usually, by now, you're always telling me what kind of treats Mingyu made for you in the kitchen. "

" ...I didn't see Mingyu last night. I didn't see him at all. I got baited. "

" What do you mean? Did something happen? "

Oh yeah, something DID happen, something I didn't expect at all. But it's not like I could tell him. I'm still way too embarrassed. Honestly, the way I escaped this was out of the ordinary. I feel heat rush to my face as I remember clearly Jihoon wrapping me in his arms, his warmth sinking into my skin, his eyes were full of adoration and focused on me as he spoke such pretty and beautiful words of poetry in my ears. And then when he asked to kiss me...

Actually, I was so caught off guard and flustered that I froze and became a blabbering mess. This was ridiculous considering how I would try to flirt with the suitors every time, but the moment they reciprocated, I turned into a fool. Fortunately, he took pity on me and simply smiled, taking a step back. However, before he could completely back away, I leaned in and gave a quick peck to his cheek so as not to let him leave empty-handed and thinking I rejected him. Because, beside the letters, Jihoon was truly a nice guy once you go past his cold shell.

" ...Princess? Something did happen after all. "

" Wonwoo, I'm not going to tell this to you as my doctor or suitor but as my friend. It's true that I've been afraid and skeptical when you surprised me with Jihoon as my tutor. I thought he would berate me and work me to the bone, but I was surprised by how patient and passionate he is. And there's also the fact we exchanged letters at night. By the end of the week, he couldn't pretend anymore and asked me to meet him at night by the pond. He revealed that he was enamored by me since my debutante ball and used as a muse since then, and he also asked if he could kiss me - "

" Did you allow him? "
He interrupted me suddenly with his voice strained, clenching his hand so hard his knuckles were turning white. His eyes were locked on me with something I couldn't decipher. Thus, I was hesitant as I finished speaking.

" ... I didn't, but as I didn't want him to think I completely rejected his advance, I kissed his cheek. "

Wonwoo slowly exhaled by his nose as his gaze darkened. He suddenly stood up and turned to leave, his back facing me with his hand on the handle of the door, gripping it firmly.