Prologue

*╔═══❖•ೋ° °ೋ•❖═══╗*

" You went too far like seven hours ago, now you're going to jail

" You went too far like seven hours ago, now you're going to jail. "

" But Y/n, it isn't an insult to say the setting of your game is similar to the one of my new novel. This is simply facts. It's not my fault they're both medieval slash fantasy themed. "

" Well, tell me more about it. "

Summer just started as well as exam period for college students scrambling around to review their lessons to hopefully not repeat their year. The heat wasn't helping their poor mind in such a situation, and everyone had their own way of coping with the stress of exams and the pain of the feverish sun.

Sitting comfortably on my bed, my eyes were focused on the screen in front of me as my mind ran through multiple strategies to finish this map quickly by defeating the enemy's commandant in my favorite tactical video game. But I wasn't alone here. My best friend Clémentine came to hang out with me. Although she wasn't playing with me, she was still talking to me as she rambled on this novel she found recently.

" Although it only concerns the first part of the story, we get to know a lot about the hero and his family. Well, he is a prince, so I guess it's logical, but even if it's written about how he had a wonderful life in the castle, there isn't much said about his sister. "

" The story isn't about her, so the plot isn't going to revolve around her. What does she do again? "

" She is the crown princess and is supposed to inherit the throne if her adopted brother can't get a betrothed before her, so they are in competition for the throne. But what's weird is that she already had an entire entourage of concubines at her disposal so she could technically take one of them and call it a day. "

" Yeah, that sounds quite inconsistent. Does it say how many she had? Perhaps the few of them weren't qualified enough. We're speaking about them becoming monarch after all - "

" She has 13 concubines. "

" EXCUSE ME?!! AND NONE OF THEM DID THE JOB?!! Either they are the most incompetent people of the world, or the princess has a problem! "

" I would lean towards the second option but poor princess. Let's give her the benefits of the doubt. After all, there is barely anything known about her, there is more details about her Harem than her. We don't even have her name! "

" What? That's weird, and isn't the novel written in first person? Wouldn't the prince mention his sister name at some point? Do they even interact? "

The orange haired girl brought her hand to her chin as she hummed in thoughts and skimmed the pages of the novel. After a few seconds of silence, she closed it and nodded with confidence and a proud face as she answered me.