Harry x ilvermorny reader

The Great Hall buzzed with its usual energy, the clatter of dishes and the hum of conversations filling the air. As everyone enjoyed their dinner, a sudden hush fell over the room as Professor Dumbledore's commanding voice broke through. "Silence," he declared, his tone firm yet grandfatherly. "Ladies and gentlemen, I have an announcement to make."

Curiosity twinkled in the eyes of the students as they turned their attention towards the headmaster. "We've been graced with the presence of a new student," he announced, his voice carrying a sense of mystery and excitement. Murmurs of surprise swept through the hall – a new student this close to the end of the school year? It was a rarity indeed.

Again, Dumbledore's voice rang out, cutting through the whispers like a knife. "I said, silence." The sternness in his tone demanded immediate attention. "May I introduce to you Y/N." With a graceful gesture, he beckoned you to step forward.

As you made your way to the front, eyes of all four houses were upon you. Shyness wrapped around you like a cloak, making you feel exposed and vulnerable. Whispers and glances followed you, making your cheeks burn with a mixture of self-consciousness and curiosity. Dumbledore's encouraging nod, barely perceptible to the audience, was your beacon of assurance in this sea of uncertainty.

You took a deep breath and greeted the hall. "Hello, I'm Y/N. I've come from ilvermorny." Your voice wavered slightly, a mixture of nerves and the desire to make a good impression. For a brief moment, you searched for more to say, more to reveal about yourself, but you found yourself at a loss.

However, the silence was quickly replaced with applause and cheers, a warm reception that eased some of your nervousness. Then, a question came from a girl who raised her hand. "Do you have houses at ilvermorny too?" she inquired.

Smiling softly, you nodded. "Yes, we do. ilvermorny has four houses – Horned Serpent, Wampus, Pukwudgie, and Thunderbird." A brief pause, and a chuckle escaped you. "I admit, the names are quite distinct."

Professor Dumbledore's voice reentered the conversation, inquiring if anyone else had questions. The hall remained quiet for a moment until a boy, Harry, raised his hand. Dumbledore acknowledged him with a nod, and Harry asked, "Which house were you in?"

A mix of nostalgia and nervousness bubbled up within you as you answered, "I belonged to Wampus, which bears a resemblance to Gryffindor, I believe." The room seemed to hang on your words, the connection between the two schools becoming more tangible.

With a final nod from Dumbledore "Alright, everyone, questions are now closed. Y/N, you're free to choose a seat," Professor Dumbledore's voice carried through the Great Hall, signaling the end of the Q&A session. The chatter resumed, and the students focused on their meals once more. You looked around the bustling hall, unsure where to sit, a mixture of nervousness and excitement swirling within you.

As you pondered your options, Harry caught your eye. He gestured for you to join him, a friendly smile on his face. Grateful for the invitation, you made your way over and settled into the seat beside him. The sense of belonging that his simple gesture conveyed eased some of your apprehension.

"I'm Harry, Harry Potter," he introduced himself, extending his hand in greeting. Meeting his gaze, you shook his hand and offered a warm smile. His companions, Hermione and Ron, greeted you as well, their curiosity evident as they studied you with friendly interest.

"It's nice to meet you all," you responded graciously, your eyes shifting between Harry, Hermione, and Ron. The mention of Ron's twin brothers intrigued you. "I'm Fred," one twin introduced himself with a mischievous glint in his eye. The other twin chimed in, "And I'm George." You exchanged handshakes and chuckled at their camaraderie.

Ron's question about your lack of eating drew your attention to the food before you. "I guess I'm just not too hungry right now," you admitted with a shrug. While Ron devoured a chicken drumstick, you fixated on the food until he finally spoke, asking, "Are you sure you're not hungry?" You responded with a sigh, grabbing a drumstick and joining in.

Hermione's curiosity shifted towards your upcoming sorting. "Have you thought about which house you might be sorted into?" she inquired, her eyes gleaming with curiosity. You pondered her question for a moment before replying, "Honestly, I haven't really given it much thought." The Sorting Hat's decision remained a mystery, and you were eager to embrace whatever house it deemed the best fit for you.