24. Home

Taran's POV

I haven't heard from Parineet's side since yesterday. I don't know if she has told Neeti the ugly truth or not. And surprisingly everything has went silent. As if it's the calm before the storm. I just hope that things are fine between them. Neeti and Pari love each other so much that it hurts to even think of their disagreements.

Well, I had just grabbed a water bottle from the refrigerator after coming back from the airport because I went to drop mom today and finally I made the time to do my duties, when I heard the doorbell rung.
It's eleven in the night, who would it be?

I gulped down some water hastily and put the bottle back in refrigerator. I went up to the door and opened it, only to find Pari standing in front of me with a small atechi bag and a sad small smile on her lips. She was dressed in a baby pink coloured plain suit, she kept her hairs open, and her brown brows were twitching with tension. So many problems but she still looked beautiful. Oh my -

Stop it Taran! It's not the time. I mentally slapped myself. And welcomed her inside.

"Thanks!" She replied in her meek voice as I offered some water. I noticed how she has changed post her therapy and our misunderstanding. She's no more hasty, impulsive and over emotional. Pari looked more calm and strong than ever. I kept looking at her as she drank the water half, it was a comfortable silence between us. I wouldn't ask her why she is here at this time of hour, because she can be here any time, it's her place and I am also hers. As cheesy as it may sound.
After putting down the glass on the table, she looked at me, who was standing near her with the tray still in my hand, lost in her. She let out a soft chuckle and decided to break the silence.

"So where is aunty?" She asked in her soft voice and I finally zoned in. Opposite of zoned out? Yea. Whatever.

"Mom has gone on a trip to Kashmir with her friends, might visit Vaishnodevi also. I just came minutes before you arrived from the airport." I told her and sat beside her, taking her left hand in mine, holding it securely.
She leaned on my shoulder, and it was like a dream. I didn't imagine all this becoming true. I honestly never.
This has to be some dream, a miracle? Oh love is miraculous itself.

Pari rested her face on my shoulder and sighed defeatedly.
"After calling you that day, I told her everything. I didn't think before doing but I think I should have." She said sadly, looking at oblivion. I caressed her hands  and she looked at me to continue "I hope I didn't bother you. You look tired." She grazed her tiny fingers through my hairs and her softest touch set my heart on fire. It's the way she adores me, that makes me feel like I am the luckiest man on this earth. Such is her love.

"You can never bother me Parineet. I'm glad you are here, I hate to be alone." I said convincingly but she remained silent.

"Tell me about it. I want to listen." I said earnestly because I know she wants me to tell every bit of the confrontation and let it out and I know I can't do anything for her in this matter, but I can lend my ears to her, this is the least I can do. The frustration, the defeat, the trials, the pain, it's too much in there.

"How many people say that to someone?" She gave away a small smile and stood up from the sofa.

"She was shocked. I think shocked is a small word for what I saw on her face. She was horrified by the revelation. Breathless and disgusted. But more than that - pained. She was hurt because I kept lying, kept distancing myself from the mess she was in." Parineet started narrating her confrontation.

"You deceived me more than Sa- Rajeev. You made me stay with him, despite knowing the truth. Why didn't you tell me?" Neeti accused.

"I thought you two would be happy, it's me who wasn't needed."