4. Tinker - bell?

Taran's POV

"I can't believe that you told the nurse that you are married, that too in front of  your patients." Ayaan laughed, while dipping into his seat more. He's has been my best friend over the years since we happened to work at the same hospital. Unlike others, he got close to my family in a very short period and he is a keeper of all my truths and lies.

"that too when the nurse knows my status. Everyone in the hospital does but what should I have done? Mujhe Kritika se nhi milna tha. She's so plastic." I bit my lower lip in embarassment, while running my index finger and thumb over the bridge of my nose. A small smile crept on my face.

"I wonder tujhe hi saari esi ladkiya kyu milti hain. Till now you have met all the kind of wannabes." He jumped in his seat and said with sarcasm in his voice and then laughed. Teasing me is his favourite job, sometimes more than his medical practice.

"Ha! ha! ha! Keep laughing you jerk. But I agree main hi kyun." I said dramatically, resting my head in my hand. Whenever we are together, we both act as if we are high on something. It's either laughter or laughter. Ayaan is a great company to have - a brilliant psychiatrist and a non judgemental friend who understands why I do what I do. He won't support me in my bad habits but won't also judge me when it's necessary to do something chaotic.  Phew.

"Major reason is your mom. Aunty apni har friend ki beti ko tere paas bhej deti hai." That's why I call him my best friend. He knows it all. My mom! Ms Neeta Ahuja, dear wife of my late father has been in a clear haste for my marriage, post his demise. I don't know what has gotten into her that she has been sending all the possible proposals straight to my work place. And till now, not a single girl has been her real self, in front of me. Forget spending a lifetime with them.

"I swear dude. I want to get married too but those girls - goodness! Mai single rehna jaada pasand karunga - " before I could finish, my better half completed the dialogue.

"- Rather than marrying those bimbos." Ayaan said. Sometimes I think if we would have been gay, we would have found our happily ever after in each other.

Ewww. Stop it Taran!

"Correct."

"I pity you boy." Ayaan said taking a round in his revolving chair which stopped and he was facing me only. His line of questions didn't stop, for today, we have met after a whole week, despite of working in the same hospital at just different floors. I was very busy with surgeries and line of patients last week and he was away for a three days long seminar in Nasik.
"By the way where did you meet Kritika?"

"In a pub. Tabhi to usse jhoot bolna aur aasaan tha. Otherwise mom would have told her that I'm damn single." I bragged as if I am a professional at all this but no. Circumstances force me to do this. All the girls mom set me up with, were either too clingy or just too much obsessed with their own selves. When I say too much, it is TOO MUCH. And Kritika! She is no different. When I first met her, she acted all nice and decent but later I realised how her modelling career is all over her head. She looks down upon people, specially girls around her, she is mean and exactly the word plastic. And I was just stuck with her for four days or so. It was kind of a hookup(s). Though she came today to meet me even after I have given her a clear chit from my side that "we are not happening bro!" when I last met her that night. Note the point that she is very causal about me being married and she dating me despite of that. She hasn't even messaged me yet, and that shows how much important this thing was to her.

"Bro you have been single all your life."Ayaan spilled truth that hurts. Right here. Oww! Someone give me CPR. 

"Beat that." I laughed mentally. 
"But honestly yaar she was so obsessed with me. And I have had enough of her pretentious self."