Chapter Thirty-Five

"This 7-on-7 with Crenshaw is going to be epic!" JJ exclaims. "You know they're going to be coming hard since we beat them in state championship, they got something to prove now."

"Most definitely." Asher agrees. "Which means we need to come harder."

Friday after school and majority of the football team has gather at The Biergarten, discussing their upcoming game against Crenshaw that's taking place tomorrow. They had all week to train for the game, I'm happy that I'm not apart of the 7-on-7 because it was hard going up against my old friends at the state championship. It might not have been so hard this time because Chris isn't back, but on the field Spencer, Darnell, Jordan, and I — that's just way too much tension in the air already.

Jordan squeezes my hip as I adjust myself between his legs, I have one of my arms drape around his neck. He's the reason why I'm even here right now and he's been on his phone the entire time, I wouldn't have cared but his screen brightness was turned all the way down so that only he can see his screen. But I wasn't going to make it a big deal, not wanting to argue about the same thing once again, his phone, so I just got on my phone and decided not to bring it up.

I have an doctor appointment coming up for the baby, I really don't want to go by myself. So I wondering if you can come with me tomorrow? — Simone.

Simone and I have been getting closer since that disastrous birthday party for Olivia and Jordan, she's actually very funny. We talked about possibilities of her baby being a girl or a boy, brainstorm baby names for both genders. She's unsure if she wants to keep the baby, even if the father does decides to get involved. I've spent so much time with Layla that I wasn't spending time with anybody else, it's a fresh breath of air hanging around and speaking with somebody else.

What time is the appointment? I actually have an something scheduled for tomorrow.

Rochelle had scheduled me for an interview tomorrow, nobody knows about the interview or that Rochelle made me a deal and I took it. Rochelle said that this interview is quite big for it to be my first one, but this would set the tone for more to come depending on how it goes. She wants to know if I can handle it and to see if I need media training, which is why I didn't tell anybody about the interview. I didn't want to have bad interview and Rochelle have to tell them not to release it — got everybody worked up for nothing.

I rather know it's actually coming out before telling anybody.

"It's going to be a bloodbath tomorrow." Jordan set his phone on the table, his screen facing the table. Low brightness and phone upside down, noted. "But at least I know you'll be there watching, cheering."

"Actually, I won't." I copy his action and set my phone upside down on the table as well, his eyes fall to my phone for a brief second then back to me. "I have something I need to take care."

"Doing what?" He raise an eyebrow. "Entertaining more of your groupies?"

"Only the good looking ones." I joke. "I made plans before I knew about the 7-on-7, and I can't back out of it. It's important."

"Jordan!" Olivia partially yells his name as she walks into the restaurant, marching over to the table. I offer her a smile but she avoids my eyes, which is strange being that we've been cool since her birthday. "I need to talk to you for a second."

"Yeah, okay." Jordan says, he stands up but before he walks away he gives me a quick kiss.

It's most likely about his parents situation, Olivia told me she overheard them talking about family therapy. I'm okay with being left out of this conversation because I still need to handle my own family situation. But if it was that, why is Olivia acting weird? Like how she was acting towards Spencer when she thought we might be her siblings.