Chapter 9: The Fairy King, 700 Years Ago

"What are you going to do with us?" Helbram asks, he has distrust in his eyes but it's not as bad as it normally would be. Y/n gets a sadistic smirk across his face, making Helbram incredibly nervous. "..."

"Whatever I want~" Y/n says as he raises his hand, Helbram widens his eyes before closing them tightly and turning his head away. "Boop!" Y/n pokes Helbram's nose.

"Huh?" Helbram's eyes widen as he looks back to Y/n.

"I've already gotten what I wanted." Y/n smiles softly before cutting the ropes holding Helbram.

"You aren't going to hurt us?" One of the fairies asks.

"No, why would I? I don't need money, in-fact I have no use for it here. I wouldn't have it for much longer." Y/n answers as he helps Helbram stand up. "Now, let's get you guys back to your beloved Fairy King."

.

..

...

..

.

"Helbram!" Harlequin flies up to Helbram and hugs him tightly. "I'm so happy you're safe!"

"Crybaby, of course I'm safe." Helbram says. Harlequin leans back, crying.

"Everyone said you went off with some humans and they started attacking you! And... And just look at you! All of you look really injured! All of you except that human!" Harlequin says before pausing. "Human!?" He at Y/n, whom has his hands in his pocket. "What- What are you doing in the forest!? Get out!"

"Hey! Harlequin calm down, he's actually the one who saved us." Helbram says.

"That's right! You should've seen him!" One of the fairies says as he punches the air. "He was over there- then he was over here!" He says as he flies back and forth.

"...I don't think I threw any punches..." Y/n mumbles.

"Really?" Harlequin mumbles.

"Those other humans were mean and evil! But this one seems to be playful and nice!" A female fairy says.

"You're giving me too much credit for something selfish. That was revenge, not for the good of saving you guys." Y/n says, Helbram lands in front of him.

"Something tells me even if it was a different group, you still would've helped us." Helbram gives a closed-eyed smile, making Y/n blush slightly and look away.

"Yeah, sure, whatever." Y/n clears his throat. "There's a lot of humans out there who'll do that kind of thing for money, sometimes it's not even about greed, but necessary survival because of the stupid society we humans have created." Y/n reaches forward and grabs Helbram's ear.

"Ow! Ow!" Helbram leans his head into Y/ns hand.

"Helbram!" Harlequin shuts.

"You need to be more careful! I'm not saving your ass again!" Y/n scolds. "Or at least if you do something this stupid again have Oslo with you so you can get away, idiot!"

"..." Helbram looks sad. "I'm sorry." Y/n lets him go before putting the helmet Helbram had dropped onto his head. "Huh?"

"I think this is yours." Y/n says.

"...I don't..." Helbram takes it off and looks at it.

"What's with the dingy helmet?" Harlequin asks. Helbram clinches it.

"Nothing... Just a dumb idea." Helbram sighs. Y/n shoves him towards Harlequin. "Ah-Huh?"

"I believe it's actually a gift for your beloved Fairy King, and best friend, right? Helbram?" Y/n smirks.

"Huh? Really?" Harlequin looks at it.

"You don't have to accept it... At the time it just looked like something you might like." Helbram keeps his head lowered, staring at his reflection.

"I like it!" Harlequin says as he grabs the helmet.

"Huh? Really?" Helbram's eyes light up.

"Yeah, it's a gift from my best friend, of course I like it."

"Aw, how sweet." Y/n mocks, both boys glare at him for a moment.

"Uhm, human?" The female fairy asks.

"What?"

"What's this money thing, anyways?"

"Gold, iron, sliver, dumb stuff like that turned into small coins, depending on how big they are and what metal it's made out of decides how much it's worth, and then you trade it for food and clothes." Y/n explains. "Jobs are normally how you would earn money, y'know, working in a field to grow crops, building villages, hunting animals, taking care of live stalk, things like that."

"Then what did they want with us?" Helbram asks.

"It's said that if you boil down fairy wings and turn them into a medicine it can heal any illness and will even increase your lifespan. Royals would pay so much for just one pair that a single person could live comfortably for at least 20 years without any labor. And then there's also researches and collectors who would pay a lot for it as well."

"That's just cruel." Harlequin says.

"Yeah, I know that. Ah, I just remembered something, I can't go back yet." Y/n groans out of annoyance.

"What?" Helbram asks.

"Diane! Harlequin, would you mind if I browed you for about a week?" Y/n asks.

"Was that a serious question?" Harlequin looks at him like he's an idiot.

"Well, that's an issue, I made a promise." Y/n looks to the side. "I suppose I could bring her here, but I don't know if she'll listen to me, she is just a child but, I don't know."

"What are you talking about?" Helbram asks.

"A giantess girl, she's all alone. I think her and King Harlequin would get along great." Y/n smiles brightly.

"Giants...?" Harlequin mumbles.

"That sounds lonely." Helbram says. "Harlequin you should go, with your and this humans' powers, I'm sure you'll be safe."

"Helbram!" Harlequin glares at him. 

Time Is Cruel (HelbramxMaleReader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara